Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Davies Signs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Let us hope he progresses more than Chicksen did and if ghe does would be a greart signing. I must admit to being surprised by this signing as I thought that we would go after either Pocognoli or Akudegbe as competition/back up to Bong for next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let us hope he progresses more than Chicksen did and if ghe does would be a greart signing. I must admit to being surprised by this signing as I thought that we would go after either Pocognoli or Akudegbe as competition/back up to Bong for next season.

Bong is not (yet) contracted to us for next season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Hopefully the next signing will be a striker......and the sooner the better. We simply can't rely on the three strikers we have to get us over the line this season. They are all terrific players but we're bound to get injuries and suspensions over the next few months and we can't afford to drop points for want of another experienced striker. The pot of gold at the end of the road is just too big to risk.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Does this rule out signing Adekugbe permanently then?

Jordan only turned 18 last summer whereas Adekugbe turns 22 next week so I doubt they are in direct competition despite both being left backs within the U23 squad. Obviously I have no idea how good Davies is, but given his age, you'd probably expect him to need a couple of years development before he's anywhere near the first team. If we sign Adekugbe permanently it would probably be either as back-up for the first team, or with a view to loaning him out I reckon.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Didn't Adekugbe come to us on loan as some sort of favour to Barber who used to work for Vancouver Whitecaps ? From what I read I believed it was just a loan and he was definitely going back

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Didn't Adekugbe come to us on loan as some sort of favour to Barber who used to work for Vancouver Whitecaps ? From what I read I believed it was just a loan and he was definitely going back

I think the 'favour' was him training with us last season, but then the loan happened as well. So who knows

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here