Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daily Mail reporting Albion have rejected £4m from Burnley for Dale Stephens

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Burnley are back in for Jeff Hendrick from Derby at £6.1m. (Originally offered £3m).
Good news for any Stephens bid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Burnley are back in for Jeff Hendrick from Derby at £6.1m. (Originally offered £3m).
Good news for any Stephens bid.

at 6 million I think we would snatch their hands off if they get turned down by Derby and come back for Stephens. I like Stephens and would hate to lose him but is he really worth anywhere near that sort of money??

Having said that i imagine Derby will sell for that sort of money anyway.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Burnley determined to go straight back down again.

Stephens wouldxbe better off staying with the Albion, or holding out for a better club.

Burnley are just signing the same sort of players that got them relegated last time

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
at 6 million I think we would snatch their hands off if they get turned down by Derby and come back for Stephens. I like Stephens and would hate to lose him but is he really worth anywhere near that sort of money??

6 million is not snatching hand off territory. 10 million would do it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I disagree. It's crucial to have quality centre midfielders and Kayal and Stephens have a good understanding, both are settled in the side and proven quality. We're three and a half weeks away from the start of the season and we may have enough already to get promoted, i.e. Murray instead of Baldock, Sidwell as back-up to the midfield pair, Knockaert and Skalak from the off.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I disagree. It's crucial to have quality centre midfielders and Kayal and Stephens have a good understanding, both are settled in the side and proven quality. We're three and a half weeks away from the start of the season and we may have enough already to get promoted, i.e. Murray instead of Baldock, Sidwell as back-up to the midfield pair, Knockaert and Skalak from the off.

Are 'we' sure regarding this part?!? I agree with what you're saying, but an unsettled (as they may well be) half arsed midfield duo does not a good start to the season make.

That said a half arsed Kayal and Stephen's is significantly, on paper and off it! preferable to fully arsed Ince and Holla.

Heh heh, that's quite good that one.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I 'we' sure regarding this part?!? I agree with what you're saying, but an unsettled half arsed midfield duo does not a good start to the season make.

By settled I mean knowing their roles and being familiar with their teammates in this Albion side.

I don't know how intent either of them are on leaving - just because bids come in it doesn't always mean the player's performance will be affected. Southampton seem to permanently live with this over most of their team and seem to do OK.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
By settled I mean knowing their roles and being familiar with their teammates in this Albion side.

I don't know how intent either of them are on leaving - just because bids come in it doesn't always mean the player's performance will be affected. Southampton seem to permanently live with this over most of their team and seem to do OK.

Again you could well be right, and obviously I hope you are. It just seems the distracting strobe lights and super slow-mo dry ice sliding tackles, in HD! of the premier league are brightest to those looking over the bridge compared to those already wearing the shades and living the dream.

Blinded by the light anyone?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Are 'we' sure regarding this part?!? I agree with what you're saying, but an unsettled (as they may well be) half arsed midfield duo does not a good start to the season make.

That said a half arsed Kayal and Stephen's is significantly, on paper and off it! preferable to fully arsed Ince and Holla.

Heh heh, that's quite good that one.

I think you are doing Stephens & Kayal a disservice. I think they are both professionals who will give of their best. I don't see either of them performing in a half arsed way.
You are presuming resentment if Stephens doesn't get a transfer.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This and you may get to star in some clash of the Titans sky sports advert prior to a game, looking mean all dressed up in your kit, whilst bikini clad women and explosions perform a dance of death in time to some menacing choral music - this and Jeff Stelling in a helicopter.

Burnley vs. West Brom - May the Gods decide...

That for me is what it's all about!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think you are doing Stephens & Kayal a disservice. I think they are both professionals who will give of their best. I don't see either of them performing in a half arsed way.
You are presuming resentment if Stephens doesn't get a transfer.

So you seriously believe if we prevent a move for either or both it's not likely to slightly affect individual performance?!? Hmmm it's not like it's ever happened before, is it? Come on mate, you're living in cloud cuckoo land if you believe toys won't be removed from prams.

I'm not necessarily assuming anything btw in terms of any players actual desire to leave, but if it's there it's more than likely to turn our fine wine to vinegar.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
So you seriously believe if we prevent a move for either or both it's not likely to slightly affect individual performance?!? Hmmm it's not like it's ever happened before, is it? Come on mate, you're living in cloud cuckoo land if you believe toys won't be removed from prams.

I'm not necessarily assuming anything btw in terms of any players actual desire to leave, but if it's there it's more than likely to turn our fine wine to vinegar.

We turned down bids for Stephens last summer. I didn't notice any toys on the floor in the months following.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Saints have a youth/development system that brings through Premier League quality players. They don't seem to be badly affected by losing their best players and they do lose them.. Not sure we are anywhere near their standard with the academy players yet. If we lose players we cannot pluck academy players to fill the gaps, not whilst we are looking to be a top two team anyway,

I just think 6 million would be too much for Albion to turn down if the player wants out. If he doesn't it's a no brainer, we keep him.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We turned down bids for Stephens last summer. I didn't notice any toys on the floor in the months following.

Yes, yes we did from Derby.

Not from a, or indeed a number of Premier league clubs.

The difference, apologies rams fans, is ****ing H U G E.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here