Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Russia at it again ? Litvenenko #2 ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Another one with a much younger bride who was born in the USSR.

Chum of FSB asset Assange.

He has some obvious 'red flags', no doubt all coincidental.

Oh my..... in my youth I used to drink the odd Vodka and tonic.....I had better turn myself in, it's only a matter of time before my cover is blown .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh my..... in my youth I used to drink the odd Vodka and tonic.....I had better turn myself in, it's only a matter of time before my cover is blown .
It's all hidden in plain sight.

Putin even has *an apprentice* in the White House.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Ex-British Ambassador, Craig Murray.

'I have now received confirmation from a well placed FCO source that Porton Down scientists are NOT able to identify the nerve gas as being "of Russian manufacture", and have been resentful of the pressure being placed on them to do so.

Porton Down would only sign up to the formulation “of a TYPE developed by Russia” after a rather difficult meeting where this was agreed as a compromise formulation'

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/03/of-a-type-developed-by-liars/

So the point remains. It is likely that Russia, in some way, has something to do with this.

But it is wrong to issue complete judgement before evidence is shown.

As regards Corbyn, I would be more concerned with the Tory party's Russian friends.

I was listening to a scientist on LBC talking about this nerve agent they have found. It is, according to him, very difficult to manufacture and extremely hard to store without killing yourself. That said he also claimed that a drop the size of a pinhead is usually fatal so either these two victims are endowed with superhuman resistance or whoever poisoned them managed to administer less than a pinhead dose to both of them and the DS who ended up in ITU after minimal contact with them.

It is clearly a botch job and some FSB assassin is going to go on a personal development plan, or get shot in the head, whichever Putin favours.

My view, the Russians are shit at assassinating anyone and their standards are slipping every year. All these James Bond style methods of bumping people off, Polonium, Radon, Nerve gas...what next, a collapsing bridge over a shark pit or a laser beam slicing through your goolies whilst you're strapped to a metal table by a homicidal maniac.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
My view, the Russians are shit at assassinating anyone and their standards are slipping every year. All these James Bond style methods of bumping people off, Polonium, Radon, Nerve gas...what next, a collapsing bridge over a shark pit or a laser beam slicing through your goolies whilst you're strapped to a metal table by a homicidal maniac.
I suspect that this is almost exactly as the Russians intended. If someone had shanked him in a dark alley or popped round his house and bashed him over the head with a lead pipe then there would have been significant doubt who was behind it whereas Polonium, nerve agents etc send a very clear message that the Russian State is behind these things sending the message that if you have upset Putin - be very afraid. And if you are considering upsetting Putin - don't!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Boris Johnson seems to have drawn the short straw today and has the job of accusing Putin of being behind it. Although we all know it probably is it's a brave move to actually say it, particularly when you are a bit accident prone like Boris !

Why didn’t they ‘lose’ him in Siberia years ago is what troubles me. Why did he become a big fish now.
I bet the British government isn’t work on a similar nerve agent as used in this attack. We were the best at that in the past.

If Puton really is being accused wrongly or if it was their weapon used and he may not know how it got out then it could become interesting.
My money is on Boris bottling it. I mean what are going to do about it ?

Sanctions and no more.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why didn’t they ‘lose’ him in Siberia years ago is what troubles me. Why did he become a big fish now.
I bet the British government isn’t work on a similar nerve agent as used in this attack. We were the best at that in the past.

If Puton really is being accused wrongly or if it was their weapon used and he may not know how it got out then it could become interesting.
My money is on Boris bottling it. I mean what are going to do about it ?

Sanctions and no more.
We will say " Stop it !..., or we'll say Stop It again ! "

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ex-British Ambassador, Craig Murray.

'I have now received confirmation from a well placed FCO source that Porton Down scientists are NOT able to identify the nerve gas as being "of Russian manufacture", and have been resentful of the pressure being placed on them to do so.

Porton Down would only sign up to the formulation “of a TYPE developed by Russia” after a rather difficult meeting where this was agreed as a compromise formulation'

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2018/03/of-a-type-developed-by-liars/

So the point remains. It is likely that Russia, in some way, has something to do with this.

But it is wrong to issue complete judgement before evidence is shown.

As regards Corbyn, I would be more concerned with the Tory party's Russian friends.

A man who has made many rather extravagant unfounded claims .. hardly an Impeccable SAUCE :facepalm:

Your concern categorisation speaks volumes.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I suspect that this is almost exactly as the Russians intended. If someone had shanked him in a dark alley or popped round his house and bashed him over the head with a lead pipe then there would have been significant doubt who was behind it whereas Polonium, nerve agents etc send a very clear message that the Russian State is behind these things sending the message that if you have upset Putin - be very afraid. And if you are considering upsetting Putin - don't!

Correct. These extravagant and overly complicated assassination techniques, which absolutely, clearly and obviously scream "I DID IT" with a massive picture of Putin attached decides it.
Now. I'm not saying that Vlad is a total psychopath sitting in the kremlin stroking a fluffy white cat and wearing a white suit and piratical eyepatch but someone who looks exactly like him and who lives in his house with his wife is behind all of this and he jus' dun't care who knows.

In terms of containing this crackpot? Jesus help us.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

...but on a lighter note im liking the cluedo imagery your post elicits.

It was Putin, in the scullery with the lead pipe.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I don't know about you, but I find the occasional foreigner turning up dead is a small price to pay to keep the market in speculative London real estate booming.

Sure, whoever's doing the bumping-off should be more careful, but on balance, it's good for the economy.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Correct. These extravagant and overly complicated assassination techniques, which absolutely, clearly and obviously scream "I DID IT" with a massive picture of Putin attached decides it.
Now. I'm not saying that Vlad is a total psychopath sitting in the kremlin stroking a fluffy white cat and wearing a white suit and piratical eyepatch but someone who looks exactly like him and who lives in his house with his wife is behind all of this and he jus' dun't care who knows.

In terms of containing this crackpot? Jesus help us.

With you on this one. He's been open about how traitors to the mother Russia will "choke", then he's telling the world that if a nuke goes near Russia he'll destroy the planet as it is not worth having a world without Russia. I think he's more of a worry than our comical N Korean friend. If a chemical weapon was used on Russian soil I think we would see a rather more robust response from Russia than a collective 'whats all this then' from a delegation of quaking diplomats. Just saying. #SlimPickings

(Lest we forget)
22y8b6.jpg

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm just wondering how extravagant the Russian retaliatory counter measures will be ? it's expected Saturday, 24 hours before the presidential " Election " . A hard response is expected to bring voters out to the polls to support Vlad. So, maybe more UK " diplomats " than 23, curbs on the BBC, harassment of other UK media and I'd expect any UK-Russian co ventures in oil or gas to be severely affected.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
With you on this one. He's been open about how traitors to the mother Russia will "choke", then he's telling the world that if a nuke goes near Russia he'll destroy the planet as it is not worth having a world without Russia. I think he's more of a worry than our comical N Korean friend. If a chemical weapon was used on Russian soil I think we would see a rather more robust response from Russia than a collective 'whats all this then' from a delegation of quaking diplomats. Just saying. #SlimPickings

(Lest we forget)
View attachment 95218

The "west" whatever that means need to stand as one and seriously f***k with his shit. What I mean is...Russia is a paper tiger. They have an economy smaller than Italy and an infrastructure which is aging and crumbling fast. Putins posturing and 99.9%,proven interference in the affairs of the US, France,U.K. and laterally Australia gives our governments ample ammunition to bring about his end but yet no-one acts.

If the democracies were able to set aside their petty differences for 5 minutes his regime could be halted and returned to neutral state. Putin is hugely popular with Russians at street level but deeply unpopular with Russia's oligarchs and intellectuals. If our intelligence services COMBINED and acted against him via economic, social media, popularism, profiling and a whole suite of espionage and dirt spreading he would be brought down.

BUT there are powerful individuals and agencies in our ranks who are desperate to keep Russia sweet. They know where the bodies are buried and that dissuades our big hitters from attacking Putin in concert. His threats and behaviour will lead to conflict one day. And conflict, just now, is just about the last thing the west needs.

It's really giving me the shits this one. He is prepared to risk all, or believes he can defeat all, just to polish his own warped ego.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The "west" whatever that means need to stand as one and seriously f***k with his shit. What I mean is...Russia is a paper tiger. They have an economy smaller than Italy and an infrastructure which is aging and crumbling fast. Putins posturing and 99.9%,proven interference in the affairs of the US, France,U.K. and laterally Australia gives our governments ample ammunition to bring about his end but yet no-one acts.

If the democracies were able to set aside their petty differences for 5 minutes his regime could be halted and returned to neutral state. Putin is hugely popular with Russians at street level but deeply unpopular with Russia's oligarchs and intellectuals. If our intelligence services COMBINED and acted against him via economic, social media, popularism, profiling and a whole suite of espionage and dirt spreading he would be brought down.

BUT there are powerful individuals and agencies in our ranks who are desperate to keep Russia sweet. They know where the bodies are buried and that dissuades our big hitters from attacking Putin in concert. His threats and behaviour will lead to conflict one day. And conflict, just now, is just about the last thing the west needs.

It's really giving me the shits this one. He is prepared to risk all, or believes he can defeat all, just to polish his own warped ego.

This with bells on. Thank goodness that the Russian warmongering is largely being played out in Eastern Ukraine, Crimea and in Syria. If they start turning their attention to the disputes in the Baltic with Estonians and ethnic Russians then things could get a whole lot worse.

If we can keep Putin at arm's length for just a few more years then he will undoubtedly lose his fragile hold on power. Russia is an economic mess and he can't keep blaming this on the West, Apart from New York, Moscow has more billionaires than any other city so there are still lots of rich, powerful enemies of Putin losing money because of the damage he is doing by deterring potential Western investment. His demise can't come soon enough.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
This with bells on. Thank goodness that the Russian warmongering is largely being played out in Eastern Ukraine, Crimea and in Syria. If they start turning their attention to the disputes in the Baltic with Estonians and ethnic Russians then things could get a whole lot worse.

If we can keep Putin at arm's length for just a few more years then he will undoubtedly lose his fragile hold on power. Russia is an economic mess and he can't keep blaming this on the West, Apart from New York, Moscow has more billionaires than any other city so there are still lots of rich, powerful enemies of Putin losing money because of the damage he is doing by deterring potential Western investment. His demise can't come soon enough.

Hello darling...do you still love me?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here