Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1% chance of relegation

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Like the mad game against Carlisle.

Dagenham to win promotion was 4-3 wasn’t it? Walsall to win the title away 0-3!? I remember us winning most home games by at least 2 goals?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was pleased that the graph shows a more than 50% chance of us finishing between 9th and 13th, then I realised who the 'Fink' was. If Finklestein's football analysis is as reliable as his political analysis, it's probably worked out by throwing darts in team colours whilst blindfolded.

Whilst mentioning him, I note that he has recently become a regular guest on Radio 4's 'The News Quiz' despite a complete inability to be either funny or interesting. He can only be there because they need a token tory. It seems that the BBC are so running scared of accusations of left wing bias, that they will sabotage their own output in the interest of political balance. I hope this works both ways and we can expect to see Mark Steel leading a Celebrity Apprentice team that storms the boardroom and leads Sugar out in chains to a show trial for his crimes against the people.

Completely correct. As a former colleague of Daniel Finkelstein's at The Times, I can tell you that he likes to think he knows about football but actually doesn't understand it at all (he's a Chelsea fan of sorts). The Fink Tank wasted valuable space in the Saturday sports section that could have been used for proper football writing, but it had to go in because he was an associate editor, much to the disgust of everyone on the sports desk.

Arguably the most ridiculous of his recent offerings was one about Huddersfield's gradual and steady development over the past ten years. But since the playing staff has changed almost completely since Wagner came in, it was complete and utter nonsense. But what do you expect from someone whose main claim to fame is being the, er, mastermind behind John Major's disastrous 1997 General Election campaign?

Oh, and on the subject of the News Quiz, yes, he likes to think he's funny as well. But that's no more true than his notion of himself as a football expert.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Dagenham to win promotion was 4-3 wasn’t it? Walsall to win the title away 0-3!? I remember us winning most home games by at least 2 goals?
Like they said, 90th best attack in the 4 leagues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here