Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] BBC News - Lanhydrock National Trust Cream Tea Advert Sparks Outrage

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm beginning to lose the will to live. Chemical threats, disease, famine and now this.

Surely the four horseman have arrived...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-43363435

'A Mother's Day cream tea advert has sparked fury for depicting a scone with the jam dolloped on the cream.

The National Trust's Lanhydrock in Bodmin angered Cornish locals by depicting the delicacy in the rival Devon tradition on a Facebook post.

Outraged locals said they were going to cancel memberships over the blunder.

The Trust apologised for the "heinous mistake", adding staff will wear #JamFirst badges to support "a proper cream tea".

About 300 people complained on the post, with some claiming it was "horrifying" and "made them feel sick".'

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I'm beginning to lose the will to live. Chemical threats, disease, famine and now this.

'A Mother's Day cream tea advert has sparked fury for depicting a scone with the jam dolloped on the cream.

The National Trust's Lanhydrock in Bodmin angered Cornish locals by depicting the delicacy in the rival Devon tradition on a Facebook post.

The Trust apologised for the "heinous mistake", adding staff will wear #JamFirst badges to support "a proper cream tea".

About 300 people complained on the post, with some claiming it was "horrifying" and "made them feel sick".'

:lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The Ad is correct though. Stupid Cornish inbreds literally have no clue how to properly load a scone. Jam first ? FFS. #wrong

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I had to go back and check as I thought I'd accidentally clicked onto one of wellquickwoody's threads.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Where is @Dr No when you need him ?

Is there an [MENTION=20969]Doc[/MENTION]tor Just Plain Wrong that could help ?

The Cream Tea Society know their stuff

national-cream-tea-day.jpg

No indecent images of cream first on their website
http://www.creamteasociety.co.uk/

Take your perversions elsewhere
:sick:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Cream has a higher coefficient of friction than jam so putting cream on first means there is less likelihood of slippage and related distress.

Jam first is not just wrong, IT'S FOLLY

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anyone know the Kernow for 'snowflake'?

P.S. I can see no advantage whatsoever in putting the cream on first, and wouldn't dream of doing so, but I couldn't give a flying f*** if that's the way you want to do it............ :shrug:

Not sure what all the fuss is about with this. TBH I thought the original "complaint" was "tongue in cheek", the National Trust response in the same spirit and probably earned publicity for their cream teas.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Cream on first is correct

Jam first is the same level of wrong as milk first when making tea with a tea bag

Wronguns, should go on a register

The Ad is correct though. Stupid Cornish inbreds literally have no clue how to properly load a scone. Jam first ? FFS. #wrong

Cream first, no doubt about it in my mind.

Cream has a higher coefficient of friction than jam so putting cream on first means there is less likelihood of slippage and related distress.

It's a different type of cream in Cornwall, and it simply makes no sense to put it on the scone first. #JamFirst #TeamRoddas's

To be fair, it's usually English Heritage that upset the Cornish.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's a different type of cream in Cornwall, and it simply makes no sense to put it on the scone first. #JamFirst #TeamRoddas's

To be fair, it's usually English Heritage that upset the Cornish.

Rubbish. Devon and Cornwall both use clotted cream, never anything else. It’s only outside of the West Country you’ll find Philistines trying to use anything else.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Take your scone apologist climate denial pseudo science elsewhere.
The real coefficient of friction science is clear…….Jam First

sconescience.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here