Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST revoked for touting Arsenal game? Now with PB response (post #306)

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
You missed my point, which was that no other club seems to be hounding it’s season ticket holders and members like ours is. I wish I could see how they think this is benefitting anyone, let alone themselves.

I think we’ve all been aware that the practice is illegal, but just like driving at 75 on a motorway, nobody’s bothered.
How are they hounding their ST holders?

I sit with about 15 people and most games one or two of them can't make the game (one's a bus driver, one does shifts at Gatwick, one has to travel abroad for work etc etc) and someone else comes in their place. I have never known any of the people using their tickets to be "hounded" or confronted, or the actual ST holder. Most games there must be hundreds maybe thousands of people using someone else's ST. None of us would be stupid enough to let a stranger use our STs though, let alone advertise them - which is where we came in.

PS: I have been done for driving at 75 mph on a motorway and had to go on a speed awareness course.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've got over 4k on the waiting list I believe purely as a result of us getting promoted - there wasn't such a list before. Why reward those people at the expense of those interested outside the PL?

I see the approach as prompting long term supporters having to give up their season tickets so that these PL fans can get a season ticket.

I think there's a whole lot of truth in what you say. The vast majority of those on the waiting list aren't Albion fans, they're PL fans. But having somehow persuaded these mugs to cough up money just for the privilege of joining the waiting list, the club is now honour-bound to be seen to be seeing that queue move, by one means or another.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Perhaps as an incentive to get someone else to go?

I have sometimes given a ticket away, but I certainly haven’t been incentivised to go through the Survey Monkey system in order to do so.

It’s about filling the stadium. If we can’t even give unused tickets to others (which I think is the actual legal position) then the number of empty seats will only increase until the club provide a working method of passing unused tickets on.

Not many people can have a season ticket year after year without something clashing with a fixture at some point or even being ill on match day.

Of course there are clashes when you have a season ticket. Idiot relatives don't check fixtures lists when picking their wedding days etc. The point is that as a STH I know I have a discounted price so with the guarantee of a seat, I know I can also afford to miss a few games each year and still be quids in with someone that buys a match ticket week in week out. I also don't necessarily agree with you that the number of empty seats will increase because of this. That surmises that STH will have all have an increasing number of other things to do.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I think there's a whole lot of truth in what you say. The vast majority of those on the waiting list aren't Albion fans, they're PL fans. But having somehow persuaded these mugs to cough up money just for the privilege of joining the waiting list, the club is now honour-bound to be seen to be seeing that queue move, by one means or another.
Yep. That's the driver I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They don't. They'll only get some back if you put it on the exchange. They get no extra if you just don't go to the game and leave the seat empty.

I know that, but the post I quoted said why should a season ticket holder get anything back if they don't go

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I doubt this very much.

I am on the waiting list. I have been going since Withdean (so a relative JCL) but have never had a ST just a Bronze membership as I can only get to about half the games each season. I put myself on the waiting list largely because it cost nothing to do so as a Bronze member and when I get to the top of the list I will decide whether the better chance of getting to away games justifies the extra cost of the ST (as I still will only be able to get to half the home games).

I suspect that the majority on the waiting list are in the same position - I wonder how many people have paid just to be on the waiting list but haven't got Bronze or Young Seagulls + membership as that seems to be a rather odd thing to do...

As for this all being a plot by the club to keep the waiting list moving, if that were the case I think the club would at the very least publicise how fast the list is moving...I think there is a another thread for conspiracy theories..

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not being naive here, but do ST have photo ID on them.
If not, then why not, surely this would stop all abuse of ST, rendering people don't get in the poo.
I guess I may get flack for this, but :shrug:

This will not come in. For a start there must be huge number that attend with other peoples card. In my social circle I know of 2 who have another ticket in wifes name and they have never attended. They both spread spare ticket round friends and family. Know of 4 others who have taken over from somebody that can no longer go. This in all cases avoided the other person not attending on there own. Just a pity because of club rules they cant be upfront. I would go and watch non league if unable to pass ticket on when cant go.
Rules are in place because of waiting list. I have no sympathy for them as majority have had years to get a ST and are only there because we are in Premier

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I doubt this very much.

I am on the waiting list. I have been going since Withdean (so a relative JCL) but have never had a ST just a Bronze membership as I can only get to about half the games each season. I put myself on the waiting list largely because it cost nothing to do so as a Bronze member and when I get to the top of the list I will decide whether the better chance of getting to away games justifies the extra cost of the ST (as I still will only be able to get to half the home games).

I suspect that the majority on the waiting list are in the same position - I wonder how many people have paid just to be on the waiting list but haven't got Bronze or Young Seagulls + membership as that seems to be a rather odd thing to do...

As for this all being a plot by the club to keep the waiting list moving, if that were the case I think the club would at the very least publicise how fast the list is moving...I think there is a another thread for conspiracy theories..

You could have bought a half ST up to about last January thereby guaranteeing you a ST this season. Where was the waiting list then? ???

Zero sympathy :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wish I'd known about this brouhaha last season. I'd have just bought 20 season tickets to be used by my "friends" on NSC, passing them around as the club are happy to turn a blind eye towards.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I wish I'd known about this brouhaha last season. I'd have just bought 20 season tickets to be used by my "friends" on NSC, passing them around as the club are happy to turn a blind eye towards.

That would have been very generous of you.....think I would have given mine up and become your friend !!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It's pretty depressing how many club lickers are unwilling to stick up for their fellow supporters.

Touts trying to make a profit on tickets? The club will ban them, rightfully so.

Passing on tickets to friends/family if you can't make it? The club will turn a blind eye, rightfully so.

Can't make a game so advertise your ticket for sale for face value or less to a fellow fan? Apparently the club will ban you. I can accept they are within their rights to do this, but given they have turned a blind eye to this up until very recently, first time offenders, often long-standing supporters, should not be banned without first receiving a warning. This heavy-handed approach will simply stir resentment among long-term, loyal supporters, and stinks of short-termism. I don't think fans who have a purchase history which demonstrates they have purchased many tickets over the years should be treated in such a way.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's pretty depressing how many club lickers are unwilling to stick up for their fellow supporters.

Touts trying to make a profit on tickets? The club will ban them, rightfully so.

Passing on tickets to friends/family if you can't make it? The club will turn a blind eye, rightfully so.

Can't make a game so advertise your ticket for sale for face value or less to a fellow fan? Apparently the club will ban you. I can accept they are within their rights to do this, but given they have turned a blind eye to this up until very recently, first time offenders, often long-standing supporters, should not be banned without first receiving a warning. This heavy-handed approach will simply stir resentment among long-term, loyal supporters, and stinks of short-termism. I don't think fans who have a purchase history which demonstrates they have purchased many tickets over the years should be treated in such a way.

What is the face value of a season ticket for any given game?

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove

Why would you advertise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What is the face value of a season ticket for any given game?

Easily worked out. Overall cost % 19 - about £25 in most areas. Most used to get passed on for £0-£20 back in the day.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think this thread just highlights that some fans need more / better friends. I mean, how hard is it to find people in your life that would want to go to the odd game. 'pass it on' to them for nothing or 'pass it on' to them in exchange for them 'buying' a piece of paper from you for a score - keep quiet and hey presto :thumbsup: :lol:

Since the Amex era, some on NSC really do think too much about tiny issues and make mountains out of molehills. Actually, this has always happened on here :lol:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
You could have bought a half ST up to about last January thereby guaranteeing you a ST this season. Where was the waiting list then? ???

Zero sympathy :shrug:

You've rather missed the point...I am on the ST waiting list because it is free with a Bronze Membership. Apart from the fact that it is now much more difficult to go to away games, I am largely happy with my Bronze membership but I put my name down just in case that changed.

You claimed that most of the 'mugs' on the waiting list are not BHA fans, they are PL fans I am merely pointing out that that the majority a very likely the same as me - waiting list place is free with a Bronze so might as well put my name on it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think this thread just highlights that some fans need more / better friends. I mean, how hard is it to find people in your life that would want to go to the odd game. 'pass it on' to them for nothing or 'pass it on' to them in exchange for them 'buying' a piece of paper from you for a score - keep quiet and hey presto :thumbsup: :lol:

Since the Amex era, some on NSC really do think too much about tiny issues and make mountains out of molehills. Actually, this has always happened on here :lol:

This in a nutshell. I think some people believe because they went to the Goldstone/Gillingham/Withdean, the club needs to roll out the red carpet for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here