Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Another issue : If striker 2 is U21 ( ie Dembele ) then we have room in the 25 for a midfield signing.

If striker 2 is, say, Fyodor Smolov or Florin Andone, and over 21, then to also bring in an over 21 midfielder we'd probably need to loan out Skalak.

The Argus has intimated, since it was announced that Sidwell was out for the season, that that news hadn't altered Albion's recruitment plans (which I have interpreted as meaning that we aren't after another midfield signing). Take it or leave it, but that seems to be what the Argus is implying.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Argus has intimated, since it was announced that Sidwell was out for the season, that that news hadn't altered Albion's recruitment plans (which I have interpreted as meaning that we aren't after another midfield signing). Take it or leave it, but that seems to be what the Argus is implying.
Well I suppose a 5th striker means Groß switches to more of a midfield role potentially, giving us 4 options there again.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Well I suppose a 5th striker means Groß switches to more of a midfield role potentially, giving us 4 options there again.

Some kind of formation with Stephens holding the midfield and Gross & Propper ahead of him would work well imo, maybe a 4-1-4-1? Knocky on the right and Izzy on the left with a fast forward up top?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Some kind of formation with Stephens holding the midfield and Gross & Propper ahead of him would work well imo, maybe a 4-1-4-1? Knocky on the right and Izzy on the left with a fast forward up top?

Whichever way we look at it, we need pace and GOALS.. Signing another striker is needed...money is on Dembele (wants out of Celtic) is U21 and doesn't take up a squad place. Signing him gives us pace and options as Locadia can play centrally or as a winger

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I would think it’ll be Hemed and/or Baldock ‘off’ with any new striker acquisition although my presence would be to have Baldock back up to Groß in the no.10 position in our normal 4-4-1-1

Groß is already 4th choice CM btw as we have no one else!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I would think it’ll be Hemed and/or Baldock ‘off’ with any new striker acquisition although my presence would be to have Baldock back up to Groß in the no.10 position in our normal 4-4-1-1

good points, can see TH off maybe to reading/Fulham if we got a striker in....as for midfield we could certainly do with an extra player and I would not be surprised to see that SS does not get a squad number...Can still see CG leaving...all seems to have gone quiet on that front and the link to lad from Charlton has gone cold recently..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The thing is even with a new over 21 striker we only have 26 players ( Sidwell not counted ) - including a surely loaned / sold / paid off LuaLua.

If we just bring in 1 more striker, only LuaLua needs to go.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We’ll get someone on loan, with view to permanent move in the summer .
It makes sense.
Why gamble on heavy investment which we could be lumbered with if we go down ?
For the player, why gamble on ending up in the championship ?
Hopefully it will be someone decent looking to impress for a World Cup spot.
No doubt it will happen at the last minute

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
I have a feeling we will lose either Knockaert or March before window is shut. Locadia who can play wide is still out for three weeks. Maybe CH will still bring in a striker and I reckon Mitrovic is a smokescreen. Not saying I want him but maybe Dembele is still doable.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We got a player at a knockdown price because of injury, hoping he comes good, are you really expecting anything else ? really ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Where is this info from?

Andy Naylor says "AT LEAST" out 'til Stoke game on Feb 10 :(
If you accept that the next 4 games are the most crucial to our hopes of survival that risks leaving us up shit creek without the proverbial paddle, especially if Murray' s focus is understandably elsewhere.
Hoping Mitrovic is a smokescreen and we will swoop in true Seagulls fashion before the Saints game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here