Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone’s goal

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Who cares about what the others might think? It matters to us! I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s an early favourite for the goal of the season (Balogun’s would be in there too I reckon). More importantly, it’s a big deal to our friends up the road, the delusion that Brighton is an inferior team has been shattered to pieces, and the depth and quality of our side is SIGNIFICANTLY greater than theirs.

6 years, and nothing to show for it save for a gif of Alan Pardew dancing, one decent player whose ego can’t get him anywhere else, plans for a £100 million facade renovation that has made 0 progress, a bunch of drum banging hoodies putting the club to ransom and mice in the kitchen.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The thing that gets me about MOTD not waxing lyrical about Andone's goal is that it is such an unusual type of goal, no matter who / which team scores it. You just hardly ever see that type of goal at the top level of football. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen one quite like it in terms of where Andone collected the ball and what he had to do before even getting a sniff of the goal. Yes, we see some cracking strikes from 30 yards and everyone goes on about them on the TV, but they are very common compared to Andone's. It just highlights a huge lack of imagination on the part of the program.

Thierry Henry was a rare exception of a player that scored that type of goal, but it's hardly a surprise as he was a winger before.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sweet FA went over a year only winning one game of football.

I thought we got him from Spain not Outer London.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just listening to the Football Weekly pod. Mentioned the pen, melee, headbutt and Balogun. Went on to scoff at the rivalry, which is based in a spilt cup of coffee and a tiff between Ron Atkinson and Rodney Marsh apparently. Andone 'done goal and Brighton's performance? Nada.

I'm not one for being precious about a lack of media attention but you'd think they could've kept the Arsenal Man U bit to less than 15 minutes and given us a bit of praise.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Just listening to the Football Weekly pod. Mentioned the pen, melee, headbutt and Balogun. Went on to scoff at the rivalry, which is based in a spilt cup of coffee and a tiff between Ron Atkinson and Rodney Marsh apparently. Andone 'done goal and Brighton's performance? Nada.

I'm not one for being precious about a lack of media attention but you'd think they could've kept the Arsenal Man U bit to less than 15 minutes and given us a bit of praise.

When we have the following/audience of those teams then we will get the coverage of those teams.

It's how media works.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here