Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Portillo. Brighton. Hidden Histories.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'll tell you what, I've really enjoyed these Portillo-fronted programmes, starting when he went round Britain with his Bradshaws railway guide. He's a very engaging presenter, way better than people like Tony Robinson or Griff Rhys Jones, both of whom I find intensely irritating.

Feel slightly bad that I hated him so much when he was a Tory politician.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I'll tell you what, I've really enjoyed these Portillo-fronted programmes, starting when he went round Britain with his Bradshaws railway guide. He's a very engaging presenter, way better than people like Tony Robinson or Griff Rhys Jones, both of whom I find intensely irritating.

Agree with this. Portillo displays his enthusiasm in a very understated way. His railway journey round India was superb as well

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

I genuinely think he would of made a great prime minister.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head

Politics wise he is still very good on This Week, Thursdays on BBC 1 albeit with a great sense of humour and self deprecation.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Politics wise he is still very good on This Week, Thursdays on BBC 1 albeit with a great sense of humour and self deprecation.

why are they so good after they leave a position of power (exclude Blair and Cameron from this)?

most have had a very good (and expensive) education but are not particularly streetwise

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
just set it to record on 5+1 as I'm late to the party

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I genuinely think he would of made a great prime minister.

*cough* would have *cough*

Or education minister.

Actually, he's far too cerbral to be a politician. He's a damned fine telly presenter, though.

Never trust a politician who was a goth at university. They enjoy dressing up far too much.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
lee-do or ly-do ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Did he visit Duke's Mound ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here