Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Macclesfield fans will probably say 'what's going on here?'" he said when asked if his appointment was a gamble. "You've got an international footballer who has been one of the best footballers in the world coming to your club, I think there's a nice mutual balance there."

Sol's press conference today. Humble and grounded as always, he's going to fit right in.

This is going to be FUN

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
"Macclesfield fans will probably say 'what's going on here?'" he said when asked if his appointment was a gamble. "You've got an international footballer who has been one of the best footballers in the world coming to your club, I think there's a nice mutual balance there."

Sol's press conference today. Humble and grounded as always, he's going to fit right in.

This is going to be FUN

I wonder if this gig will last longer than his playing career at Notts County did...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Barry Glendenning wrote this excellent piece after Oxford decided he wasn't for them

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/26/sol-campbell-oxford-united-craig-bellamy

if the erstwhile Saturday night quiz show Family Fortunes had surveyed 100 people to fill in the blank in the sentence: “Sol Campbell is one of the greatest [BLANKS] in football”, the word “minds” would scarcely have featured among the few broadcastable answers, let alone those all-important top ones.
:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"For me we've got to get basics right, score right, cross right. The difference between the Premier League and League Two is just margins, decision-making and things like that."

This stuff is gold.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

This is going to be FUN
"For me we've got to get basics right, score right, cross right. The difference between the Premier League and League Two is just margins, decision-making and things like that."

This stuff is gold.
We should have a thread dedicated solely to his quotes (ok, with results and some quotes from fans/the media thrown in). Car crash stuff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
None of you have learned from the Garth Southgate thread.
With that in mind:-

I think Sol will do a bang up job and will be poached by a top club within 2 years.
Failing that I can see us being desperate for him to come in and succeed Mr Hughton.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
After all of his moaning, he's gotta try and have a decent start as he's been talking a good game for a good while now!

True, but he doesn't have the same history of failure as a manager compared to Gary Neville, Alan Shearer who seem to know it all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Posted was a big unknown punt for us at the time. He was experienced as an assistant, but not as the boss.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I genuinely hope he succeeds.

But I’ve a feeling that this will end in tears and the Macclesfield board and/or fans will be accused of racism.

I hope he gives it his best, stops feeding the media with grand soundbites and doesn’t publically complain about the budget (a Poyet).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
is there any body about who has a bigger chip on their shoulder than him?
Possibly not.

Sol Campbell has united NSC. It seems no one thinks well of him.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Perhaps his former coach at Tottenham and manager at Newcastle will loan him some players. Schelotto, Suttner, Tilley ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here