Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shoreham Air show crash

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I agree Edna it has been so moving seeing the tributes so relieved Westdene Seagull and [MENTION=887]Boroseagull[/MENTION] finally had good news I didn't know them but had to check this thread regularly to see any updates. I'm a proud Albion fan tonight and of the football community who have stepped up to support each other at this tragic time.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
A fund has been opened for those wishing to make a donation in support of the people and communities affected by the Shoreham air crash incident.

The appeal is being managed by Sussex Community Foundation, a registered charity which manages funds and gives grants to local communities in Sussex.

The costs of managing the appeal are being met by Adur District and Worthing Borough councils and West Sussex County Council.

Donations can be made in the following ways:

Online - Go to www.justgiving.com/sussexgiving
By text - Text SAIR10 plus the amount you wish to donate to 70070

By telephone - Call Sussex Community Foundation on 01273 409446 between 9am and 5pm with your credit or debit card details

By cheque - Via your bank. Make cheques payable to: Sussex Community Foundation or pay into CAF Bank account number 00095624, Sort code 40-52-40.

Account name is Sussex Community Foundation. Please mark cheques SHOREHAM

By post - Send cheques made payable to Sussex Community Foundation to: Sussex Community Foundation, 15 Western Road, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 1RL.

Please include your name, address and telephone number and mark your cheque SHOREHAM

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The way the club have handled this tragedy has been immense. But it's not just that. There are so many things about the Albion lately that deserve a huge amount of credit. The community work they do: they were talking about receiving a grant this week which will enable them to set up teams for visually impaired & hearing impaired people, as well as those with other disabilities. The thread from T Soprano about how they treated his Dad at what's sadly likely to be his last ever football match. The stuff they do to engage kids and families at matches and further afield. The tributes they've paid to the likes of Sarah Watts, Don Lock, Tony Langridge and more.

And, in an ultimately more shallow but equally as satisfying fashion, the way they've handled themselves in respect of on-field matters too, at last. The transfer dealings this summer have been far, far better than the previous season. Tonight's news about Dunk is just the icing on the cake.

Who knows what lies ahead, or when the on-pitch bubble might burst. In playing terms, it's very, very early days But right now, looking at the bigger picture, I'm about as proud as I've ever been to be an Albion fan.

Well said.

It wasn't too long ago that some on here were painting the Club as some heartless corporate machine. OK it largely exists to be a football club and has many difficult business decisions to make that may not always resonate with the fans. It is not necessarily best equipped to deal with the sort of problems and situations that it has been faced with off the pitch over the last 20 years. The current tragedy is still very raw but the Club has already shown conspicuous dignity and respect that nicely compliments the many declarations of sympathy and support from the fans, including via NSC. It is good to know that we are all standing firmly together in support of those closely affected by events at Shoreham.

I sense that this will become another chapter in the rollercoaster history of the Club and that collectively we will emerge with a stronger and shared bond between us all.

The Club isn't perfect but the manner in which this and other recent events have been handled suggests to me that there are decent people at the helm. There is very much a beating heart and soul within that we should all be proud of.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I recently bemoaned the #TOGETHER wording as more corporate claptrap from the club but in hindsight it couldn't have been more appropriate, thought we lost our club from the Goldstone & Withdean days to a corporate money making beast but couldn't have been any more wrong since the last few weeks events
The tragedy at SHOREHAM airport has hit me hard this week as its right on my doorstep 200 metres away, every night my Dog Buckley gets walked over the wooden bridge and up the River Adur, walking this route the last couple of evenings has left me so somber and numb seeing all the flowers and people grieving their lost loved ones, beautiful though how the community is coming together and dealing with it by supporting everyone, hugged a complete stranger on the bridge tonight who looked like they needed it
#TOGETHER

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
When I first saw #Together I thought just another empty phrase with no substance - another pointless aspect of modern football.

But the comments and concern of people on here, the leadership stance the club has adopted with quiet dignity, the floral tributes arranged by individuals but offered on behalf of us all - has made me realise how wrong I was. For me, Together is a perfect way to sum up how as a club and as a group of supporters - right across the world - have responded to this tragedy.

Together is a phrase that should remain and be associated with this club for many years to come because as it turns out, it is actually true.

This. Whilst the club has changed a lot over the years and become more like a business they've firmly reminded us that they are also real people and genuinely do care about the club and the community. I always had respect for PB but his actions and comments this week have been impeccable.

I ****ing love this football club.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This. Whilst the club has changed a lot over the years and become more like a business they've firmly reminded us that they are also real people and genuinely do care about the club and the community. I always had respect for PB but his actions and comments this week have been impeccable.

I ****ing love this football club.

I'm sure it's not possible, but I'd love to see the American Express logo on the players shirts replaced with "Together" for our next home game - just as a one off.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm sure it's not possible, but I'd love to see the American Express logo on the players shirts replaced with "Together" for our next home game - just as a one off.

Yes especially as they've indicated some sort of 'remembering' people who have died on that road... it will certainly be hashtag together at that game!

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Having met Paul Barber earlier this year and had some contact via e mail I was massively impressed by his manner and general conduct . Watching this press conference just confirms that - very dignified and utterly professional but at the same time so genuine and human. Like everyone I have been so moved by this tragedy . My thoughts have been constantly with all of those affected by it. The club - led by Paul Barber - have by their actions and words encapsulated the most appropriate and fitting response at such a difficult time.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
In a way its humbling how something so terrible can bring so many people together, I look forward to being able to share the minutes silence with a full stadium on our next home game

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I recently bemoaned the #TOGETHER wording as more corporate claptrap from the club but in hindsight it couldn't have been more appropriate, thought we lost our club from the Goldstone & Withdean days to a corporate money making beast but couldn't have been any more wrong since the last few weeks events
The tragedy at SHOREHAM airport has hit me hard this week as its right on my doorstep 200 metres away, every night my Dog Buckley gets walked over the wooden bridge and up the River Adur, walking this route the last couple of evenings has left me so somber and numb seeing all the flowers and people grieving their lost loved ones, beautiful though how the community is coming together and dealing with it by supporting everyone, hugged a complete stranger on the bridge tonight who looked like they needed it
#TOGETHER

Not sure of the logistics, but would be good to see some sort of display at the Amex by the fans at the next home game, something like a huge flags passed over the heads of fans around the stadium or cards turned over above our heads that displayed some sort of tribute to those lost and those affected by Saturday's tragedy

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In a way its humbling how something so terrible can bring so many people together, I look forward to being able to share the minutes silence with a full stadium on our next home game

In a strange way, I understand and agree. I'll 100% be wearing sunglasses.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Having watched the press conference and hearing of other stuff the club have done following this tragedy I'm feeling really proud to call myself a Seagull today. Living on the opposite side the world makes it hard to discuss this with people at work as they don't know the area of the close community that Brighton has. I'm just glad that NSC exists to provide me with updates and give me somewhere to discuss it.

To the club, the staff and all at NSC, Thanks for being there and showing why we really are together.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The way the club have handled this tragedy has been immense. But it's not just that. There are so many things about the Albion lately that deserve a huge amount of credit. The community work they do: they were talking about receiving a grant this week which will enable them to set up teams for visually impaired & hearing impaired people, as well as those with other disabilities. The thread from T Soprano about how they treated his Dad at what's sadly likely to be his last ever football match. The stuff they do to engage kids and families at matches and further afield. The tributes they've paid to the likes of Sarah Watts, Don Lock, Tony Langridge and more.

And, in an ultimately more shallow but equally as satisfying fashion, the way they've handled themselves in respect of on-field matters too, at last. The transfer dealings this summer have been far, far better than the previous season. Tonight's news about Dunk is just the icing on the cake.

Who knows what lies ahead, or when the on-pitch bubble might burst. In playing terms, it's very, very early days But right now, looking at the bigger picture, I'm about as proud as I've ever been to be an Albion fan.

Perfectly put. I am impressed beyond words.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A fund has been opened for those wishing to make a donation in support of the people and communities affected by the Shoreham air crash incident.

The appeal is being managed by Sussex Community Foundation, a registered charity which manages funds and gives grants to local communities in Sussex.

The costs of managing the appeal are being met by Adur District and Worthing Borough councils and West Sussex County Council.

Donations can be made in the following ways:

Online - Go to www.justgiving.com/sussexgiving
By text - Text SAIR10 plus the amount you wish to donate to 70070

By telephone - Call Sussex Community Foundation on 01273 409446 between 9am and 5pm with your credit or debit card details

By cheque - Via your bank. Make cheques payable to: Sussex Community Foundation or pay into CAF Bank account number 00095624, Sort code 40-52-40.

Account name is Sussex Community Foundation. Please mark cheques SHOREHAM

By post - Send cheques made payable to Sussex Community Foundation to: Sussex Community Foundation, 15 Western Road, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 1RL.

Please include your name, address and telephone number and mark your cheque SHOREHAM

Thanks for posting this. Source: Daily Telegraph.

Last edited:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Not sure of the logistics, but would be good to see some sort of display at the Amex by the fans at the next home game, something like a huge flags passed over the heads of fans around the stadium or cards turned over above our heads that displayed some sort of tribute to those lost and those affected by Saturday's tragedy

A very good idea. Possibly something above the North Stand which says 'do it for them' or 'for Shoreham!' - better worded but something like that.

I spoke to Paul Barber by email today, a class act, very dignified and an absolute gentleman who is a credit to our football club.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
lump in throat again.....incredibly moved by recent events ( strangely as i am on the other side of the world) and incredibly proud of the club and to say that i was born and bred in sussex. i can only send my heartfelt wishes to all affected by this tradgedy.

Jimmy Grimble

Dec 15, 2014
Here

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex

Superb idea. Sell them in club shop too with proceeds to the memorial fund

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

This all day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here