Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Who will be our next Prime Minister?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I do really hope it's Jeremy Corbyn.He is personally in favour of a hard-line No Deal Brexit.Kill two birds with one stone-us out of the EU,and Labour's chances of ever getting re-elected.

Are you nuts ? They've changed the constitution and his personal opinion is worth nothing. The members want another referendum and the best you will get is a very very soft Brexit.

I don't understand why the MP's who want May out have gone down this route now. If she wins, which I suspect she probably will, they can't challenge her for another year. Unless you have to, you should never fight a battle that you can't be resonably confident you can win.

If the meaningful vote had gone ahead and she lost heavily then that would have been a good time to call for a confidence vote. But now I think it's bad timing by the anti-Mays.

OK she may lose, or decide to resign if she nearly loses, but I suspect she will still be PM after the vote, and a stronger PM at that. Certainly you shouldn't fight a battle that is likely to make your enemy stronger, unless you really have to.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Some loathsome Alt-Right puppet with Steve Bannon's hand up their arse,set on a no-deal Brexit so they can use the chaos to deliver the ERG's real agenda.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Tories voted Theresa May in, and now they've changed their minds. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for us.
People's vote please.

That is a very good point.

Answer that one Rees-Johnson.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't understand why the MP's who want May out have gone down this route now. If she wins, which I suspect she probably will, they can't challenge her for another year. Unless you have to, you should never fight a battle that you can't be resonably confident you can win.

If the meaningful vote had gone ahead and she lost heavily then that would have been a good time to call for a confidence vote. But now I think it's bad timing by the anti-Mays.

OK she may lose, or decide to resign if she nearly loses, but I suspect she will still be PM after the vote, and a stronger PM at that. Certainly you shouldn't fight a battle that is likely to make your enemy stronger, unless you really have to.

No-one has a clue what they are doing. There is possibly a bit of let's destroy the party for the "greater good". We know when the Tories go bang, they REALLY go bang.

That group of MPs have never got over Major have they ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think you need to take a step back and have a rethink as you've backed yourself into a corner of nonsense. Conspiracy theories tend to do that to people once they start believing them.

And you seriously believe the majority of Westminster MPs aren't conspiring to de-rail Brexit? Wow!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1072778260306673669[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anybody other than Corbyn or his cronies. I think that it could be Sajid Javid.

Are you going to apologise for being very wrong, and insulting, on the Gross thread?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And you seriously believe the majority of Westminster MPs aren't conspiring to de-rail Brexit? Wow!

Conspiring suggests secrecy, not sure this is particularly secretive. We always knew the house was massively in favour of remaining and still is - that is why we didn’t have a referendum for 40 years because it was always the case it would collide with our Parliamentary democracy. The referendum was advisory, our Parliament does actually have the ‘sovereign’ democratic right to go **** it, we’re staying in. Not saying they should, but that is our democracy like it or not.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here