Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You're probably right.

As much as some people like to continuously focus on worst case scenarios there is little point in endless speculation about what any deal will look like or if there will even be one. I fully understand these people always knew Brexit would prove disastrous but are a tad disappointed numerous project fear predictions about the immediate aftermath of the vote have failed to materialise. There was a time when triggering article 50 was supposedly the next calamitous event but it seems the actual point of leaving is now the favoured area to go big on armageddon.

Of course if we 'crash out' in 2019, planes grounded, millions of Eu citizens expelled, punitive tariffs as far as the eye can see, a mass exodus from the City etc then you can all fill your boots saying I told you so. But if we leave with a deal or partial deal or transitional arrangements that leaves us relatively unscathed would you all mind ceasing the tedious negativity.

Many thanks.

You're probably right as well. I just can't help thinking right now, one week away from Article 50 being invoked, what a missed opportunity it was last summer and what a better more secure future there would be for us and Europe if Andrea Leadsom had become Prime Minister and proper plans for Brexit had been formulated and all scenarios covered.

At least if we do 'crash out' in 2019, I console myself by knowing Mrs. Leadsom will be along to pick up the pieces, sort out the mess and unite the country fully behind her.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
You're probably right as well. I just can't help thinking right now, one week away from Article 50 being invoked, what a missed opportunity it was last summer and what a better more secure future there would be for us and Europe if Andrea Leadsom had become Prime Minister and proper plans for Brexit had been formulated and all scenarios covered.

At least if we do 'crash out' in 2019, I console myself by knowing Mrs. Leadsom will be along to pick up the pieces, sort out the mess and unite the country fully behind her.
You are Tim Loughton and I claim my five pounds:
methode_times_prod_web_bin_a6daab5a-4483-11e6-a45d-8299bb50a973.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
El president can't handle the truth # shock horror

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

It was a tremendous loss when she left politics last year

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There is always a time and a place but this thread today I guess is not one of those. Wicked world we are in.

very simply well said, no doubt reflects the views of leavers and remainers alike.
We are all united in the condemnation of this attack no doubt ,but sovereign arguments seem rather silly when compared to the larger scheme of things of a copper losing his life and his child no longer having a father.

Im out for a few days, normal service may resume no doubt, but currently i dont have have the stomach for this fight

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
WTF? UKIP call for access to single market

This is a guy who was an MP and is now an AM - so not a political neophyte. What the hell does he think UKIP stands for?

Next week: Nick Griffin's call for more multiculturalism

I think he is speaking on behalf of the committee as opposed to any UKIP requirement.

It would be interesting to see how NSCs very own UKIP supporters feel about this, and whether they would like a similar approach for English agriculture

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
WTF? UKIP call for access to single market

This is a guy who was an MP and is now an AM - so not a political neophyte. What the hell does he think UKIP stands for?

Next week: Nick Griffin's call for more multiculturalism

It has been explained to us very clearly by Pastafarian and others that about 15 million people voted to leave the single market. In answer to your question, UKIP stands for nasty immigrant bashing.

Jan 30, 2008
as I forecasted last year and got sneered at:clap: , UK LEAVING THE EU UNDER A HARD BREXIT , well reality smacks the remoaners in their faces shock shock !!!:D
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
as I forecasted last year and got sneered at:clap: , UK LEAVING THE EU UNDER A HARD BREXIT , well reality smacks the remoaners in their faces shock shock !!!:D
regards
DR

You do appreciate that the person having reality smacking him in the face here is Mark Reckless, opportunist Kipper? You're calling him a Remoaner?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well if UKIP are really bashing nasty immigrants,who can really blame them?See that hypocritical Chief Clown of the EU circus is getting confused:

Drunker.jpg

He expects everybody to have the right to stay now,when his lot are the ones obstructing it!And if they do stay,according to the geniuses on here,they won't be able to go home on holiday-no flights allowed!:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::rolleyes:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I was reading The Sun today whilst waiting to get my hair cut (I've never bought the Murdoch rag in my life but it was something to do). Anyway came to Kelvin Mac's page, a bit tongue cheek but many Brexiteers probably believe this.....

Post-Brexit Brit cars are promising
HAVING just bought an overpriced but incredibly basic BMW 4 series – for £41,000 you do get a door as standard – I am feeling pretty hostile towards the German car industry.
Brexit gives the UK a golden opportunity to start making our own cars once again.
If the idle, unionised French can produce excellent Renaults and Peugeots then anybody can.

Surely if EU manufacturing leaves the UK we can do a roaring trade in cars – it shouldn’t be difficult to beat lazy French and boring Germans at their game
Remember, these days the unions here only run the railways, so we won’t be producing any more of those disgraceful “Friday nighters” that destroyed our car makers in the Eighties.
If Toyota wants to bugger off from Derby I am sure there’s a clever designer/entrepreneur who can produce a great Britcar from the plant. There’s plenty of opportunity out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here