Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Off!

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Barber can give out banning orders for those on the pitch which will free up season tickets for those on the JCL waiting list...perfect.

They seriously expect us to sit in our seats and wait 15 mins to clap the players around the pitch having waited this long to reach the PL.
Like Mboro last year fans on the pitch has to be done and then we either all get off or congregate over to the West Stand and the players appear in the Director section in 1901.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
i will be together with all those not invading the pitch (as politely requested by our club and captain)

Yep, it was definitely them.. not reading off a teleprompter at all.

To be honest I would politely clap them from behind your television screen, seems the most respectful way not to be encroaching on any of their air.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
IF we go up, and in the case of that happening, WHEN people pile onto the pitch, I just hope we don't have a bunch of our lot goading whatever away fans happen to be in the ground like the Boro mongs did last season.

No reason why that should happen - whoever our opponents are on the day, they won't be our rivals for promotion. At Middlesbrough it was basically a 'winner' takes all situation - one team would get promotion, the other would be in the play-offs; there was no other possible outcome. Not that that excuses the 'Boro mongs with turds for brains behaving as they did........but if we'd nicked a win I expect there would have been a few of ours letting our club down too.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The fact of the matter is that there WILL be a pitch invasion if we secure promotion at home - the club can't stop that. If there wasn't then truly we have become everything wrong with sanitised modern football. Personally I won't (can't) go on the pitch but who doesn't love the absolute scenes of a pitch invasion? This is something that has been building at the Amex for the past 5 years, it will happen when (if) it happens.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The fact of the matter is that there WILL be a pitch invasion if we secure promotion at home - the club can't stop that. If there wasn't then truly we have become everything wrong with sanitised modern football. Personally I won't (can't) go on the pitch but who doesn't love the absolute scenes of a pitch invasion? This is something that has been building at the Amex for the past 5 years, it will happen when (if) it happens.

This.......

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Absolutely hate pitch invasions. Ridiculous. May as well tattoo 'tinpot' on your foreheads while you run on.
That would slow it down enormously allowing stewards to react accordingly. Given the possible numbers, queue management needs to be considered.:)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It isn't dull, it is what a set of supporters with class and respect would do. The players have earned their right for their playing area not to be invaded by a load fans wanting to bathe in the reflected glory of what they've achieved - and that is all it is. Always looks pathetic with a load of loons jumping around then realising there is bugger all to do, and no one else can enjoy the moment. The supporters that do this have to my mind never played any competitive sport in their lives, because if they did, they would be able to show the respect actual sportsman who have achieved something deserve.

I hope they turn the bloody sprinklers on if anyone does run on.

Did you never go on the pitch at the Goldstone? Withdean? Walsall?

Class and respect bollocks. All this 'tinpot' stuff is nonsense. If anything it's 'tinpot' not to have a pitch invasion when you get promoted. 'Tinpot' seems to refer to what people are worried about other club's fans think of us? I mean, seriously, who gives a **** what they think? Bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Why will the players and staff do a lap of honour no matter what after the Wigan game. This is not the last home game of the season and nothing may be decided by then,

Some People !!

My mistake. You obviously knew I meant the Bristol City game.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Club might reconsider then:

OK, a pitch invasion is inevitable and for the fans, but no selfies in the centre circle with a pout going on. That WOULD be tinpot.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
fans on the pitch has to be done and then we either all get off or congregate over to the West Stand and the players appear in the Director section in 1901.
Pitch invasion will be a good thing provided people get off again once the players and families are ready to come out and salute the crowd by walking slowly round with interviews etc

The second option described above would be a worse outcome for the club, the players, the majority of fans and completely rubbish/frustrating for all the loyal fans in WSU.

Strong preference for option one.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
fda7a9da1fe4ead80f4839971d5dc514.jpg

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
How exactly does running on a football pitch ruin it? It's not like everyone's wearing football boots and tracking through a boggy pitch in the depths of winter. I can't think of a single example where fans ran on the pitch and once it was cleared thinking "cor they ruined that pitch". It seems like a excuse to get other fans to back the club's position in all honesty. I understand the club don't fans on the pitch, fair enough, but saying it ruins it doesn't seem believable to me.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It seems like a excuse to get other fans to back the club's position in all honesty. I understand the club don't fans on the pitch, fair enough, but saying it ruins it doesn't seem believable to me.

Well yes, all but the very dense realise that I imagine. It's the same as quoting 'requests' from the manager and captain. The club just needs to be seen as trying to stop it.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
The only time it's bad to run on the pitch is when you think you've made it to the playoffs, only to discover that one of your rivals has scored late on and you have in fact missed out, which then makes your one arm push ups on the pitch look a tad stupid...cough...cough...Reading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here