Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concourses after Wigan

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Slightly off subject. I use Mithras P&R. Do you reckon my car will be OK if I leave it until Tuesday? I know they are strict but it is Easter holidays.
Would never drink & drive home and expect a few ales should the inevitable happen Monday.

Just park on the road behind Mithras house,i.e. Dewe road, Redvers road etc. No parking restrictions there and probably safer than leaving your vehicle all night in the car park.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I thought beambacks had to be agreed between the two clubs and weren't always possible.

I assume if the club wanted to show a live sky game they would have to organise some special license to do so.

Or do we all chip in for a couple of dozen Now TV day passes and then we can show it on the concourses :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought beambacks had to be agreed between the two clubs and weren't always possible.

I assume if the club wanted to show a live sky game they would have to organise some special license to do so.

Or do we all chip in for a couple of dozen Now TV day passes and then we can show it on the concourses :thumbsup:

A special beam-back arrangement is only necessary if the game is NOT being broadcast live on TV. Hudds - Preston is a regular Sky match.

You don't think the Amex has the license to show Sky matches? Have you never been there on a Saturday!?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Beambacks are only granted if the away allocation is sold out (which in this case obviously will be). Then I think the club just needs permission from the FL, Villa have got nothing to do with it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Beambacks are only granted if the away allocation is sold out (which in this case obviously will be). Then I think the club just needs permission from the FL, Villa have got nothing to do with it.

You are right that Villa have nothing to do with it (deciding if the Amex can show the regular Sky pictures, of Huddersfield v Preston!)

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Indeed they haven't. Unlikely they would have anything to do with the Huddersfield game being screened after the match on easter Monday though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Slightly off (on) topic, I note from the ticket website that they are selling tickets for a NORWICH BEAMBACK, should anyone be that way inclined.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Just park on the road behind Mithras house,i.e. Dewe road, Redvers road etc. No parking restrictions there and probably safer than leaving your vehicle all night in the car park.

and clog up the roads for the weekend so us redidents can not park outside our homes? yeah thanks for suggesting that, its bad enough with students! not sure you would be impressed with a load of cars being abandonded for the weekend outside your house?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
and clog up the roads for the weekend so us redidents can not park outside our homes? yeah thanks for suggesting that, its bad enough with students! not sure you would be impressed with a load of cars being abandonded for the weekend outside your house?

Move then....bloody JCL'S moan about anything these days!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It appears, according to national rail, that trains are normal on Monday so if anticipating a drinking session would it not be prudent to not drive to Brighton unless it is the only way to get to there.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
i know, us JCLs get everywhere, i only got my first season ticket in 1977 at the age of 15, bloody hell thats so plastic im surprised ive not been banned from here!

But that was on the back of a promotion. GLORY hunter !

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
Slightly off subject. I use Mithras P&R. Do you reckon my car will be OK if I leave it until Tuesday? I know they are strict but it is Easter holidays.
Would never drink & drive home and expect a few ales should the inevitable happen Monday.

If you're going to do that then i advise you park 4 feet from the kerb and leave 5 feet either end of your car so that others are unable to park , just like all the Fing students do so the residents cannot always park themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here