Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend Utd v Brighton & Hove Albion U23s Roots Hall Checkatrade Trophy 30th Aug 19.45 ko

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This could possibly be the shortest ever roll call thread but anybody going to this on tuesday ? will be interested to see if Connor and Solly play a part , i'm looking forward to it will be a good test for the players on the fringes of the 1st team , at some point this season we will have to delve into the reserves pocket of talent , i will be happy if we don't have to play in red and they put up a decent show .

I had no idea about this game, bad fan, I shall be there.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh it's in Southend, I saw Checkatrade and assumed Crawley, my bad.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh contraire

I'd like to piss myself laughing at this, but after being rightly pulled up by the board's best Nigel, [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] last time, I thought I'd check with him again.
[MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION], permission to laugh uncontrollably at Timmy's unbelievably poor misspelling? (especially given that he considers himself a journalist)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There's not much that could persuade me to go to Roots Hall again. One of the shabbiest grounds in the league. Last time I went, some of the locals shouted "****ing queer" (I think it was "queer", might have been another, equally derogative term) at me as I walked, alone, silently, up the road past them.

Delightful place...

To be fair, there are very few of the 80-odd grounds I've been to where someone hasn't shouted ****ing queer or similar at me.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can't say iv'e ever been called that anywhere iv'e ever been , including Glasgow , and i like to wear tanktops now and then , probably down to how much i look like Turkish i suppose :rolleyes:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Anyway here are the rules just in case anybody is interested

This season’s Checkatrade Trophy competition has been completely revamped, but what exactly is the format?

A total of 64 clubs will compete in the competition beginning with 16 groups of four teams, each of which includes at least one club from each of Leagues One and Two, along with one invited team.

The top two sides in each group will then go into a knockout stage that will culminate in a showpiece final at Wembley Stadium on April 02.

The new look competition also has an enhanced prize fund with an expected £1.95m being up for grabs, including £10,000 per win and £5,000 per draw during the Group Stage and £100,000 for the eventual winner.

Competition format

Clubs:

- 48 clubs from League One & Two.
- 16 invited Category One Academy teams.

Eligibility criteria:

- EFL clubs – a minimum of five ‘first team’ players in the starting 11 as defined under the competition’s existing rules.
- Invited clubs – six of the starting 11 to be U21 (as of 30 June 2016).

Group Stage:

- 16 groups of four teams organised on a regionalised basis.
- Groups to include one invited club and at least one club from each of Leagues One and Two.
- Clubs to play each other once, either home or away. Invited clubs will play one home game at the club’s first team stadium.
- Clubs will be awarded three points for a win and one point for a draw. In the event of a drawn game (after 90 minutes), a penalty shootout will be held with the winning team earning an additional point.
- The top two teams will progress to the Knockout Stage.

Knockout Stage:

- Round 2 (32 teams) will remain regionalised with each group winner being drawn at home to a second placed team from a different qualifying group.
- Round 3 (16 teams) and Round 4 (eight teams) will be ‘free’ draws.
- Semi-finals (four teams) will be a 'free’ draw and will consist of single ties played at the stadium of the club drawn first in each tie.
- If scores are level after 90 minutes in Rounds 2, 3 and 4, the game will be determined by the taking of penalties.

The EFL will confirm arrangements for the Semi-Finals and Final in due course following further consultation.

Read more at http://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/a...trade-trophy-3276354.aspx#0Z8zB6kBvbzDbYgB.99

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Chance for Uwe and Solly to get some additional playing time.

We should have a 'guess the crowd' sweepstake. I'll go for 1,148.

PG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
5 over 21 players allowed in the starting 11.

Hopefully March, Uwe, and Goldson start tonight.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Football League have now announced the Match Day officials that will take charge of the game against Southend United this Tuesday.

Brighton's Under 23 side travel to Southend United on Tuesday August 30 for the Football League Trophy/Checkatrade Trophy tie at Roots Hall and the match carries a 7.45pm kick off.

Referee: Darren Deadman
Linesmen: Steve Finch and Carl Fitch-Jackson
Fourth Official: Chris O'Donnell

Read more: http://www.bha.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=570555#ixzz4Io447AgP

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
It appears that due to a change in the rules this will count as Baldock's missed game........ I think

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It appears that due to a change in the rules this will count as Baldock's missed game........ I think
OfficialBHAFC tweeted yesterday that Baldock's suspension is the Brentford game. Have the rules changed since that tweet ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here