Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley away at Charlton last game

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It's a real chance that Burnley will drop points there - seriously could make the last day exciting

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
hope we don't make hard work of the derby game.....they have ben the closest thing to a "bogey" team to us for the last few seasons....would be great to smash them 4-0 but i can't see it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
hope we don't make hard work of the derby game.....they have ben the closest thing to a "bogey" team to us for the last few seasons....would be great to smash them 4-0 but i can't see it.

You can add Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich to our 'bogey team list'. One of which is waiting happily in a play-off berth for us!

Apr 5, 2016
Yep - if only I remembered who our last game is against. Can I pretend I'm drunk? :blush:

Here's what IS going to happen. Boro will draw on Friday, we will both win. This means we are up and you will only need a draw in the last game, by which time Karanka will have had his latest nervous breakdown.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Whatever happens it looks likely that Burnley's game will finish some time after ours - so they'll know what they have to do

If they want all games to kick off the second half simultaneously, and the shennigans at Charlton in the first half are worse than yesterday, then we could be in for a very long half time at the Riverside.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
One game at a time Boro have Birmingham first and Burnley, QPR two games they can very well draw.

We have Derby a game we should very well win.

All 3 of these games are potential banana skins, but obviously there's no easy games in the Championship

Brynsleynudge1

Jun 2, 2014
I was in the home end yesterday stood right in front of their drummer having failed to get a ticket for our end. My mate who got me the loan of a home season ticket introduced me to numerous Charlton fans, as one they wished us all the best for automatic promotion, the demonstration from their end was very impressive and rightly understandable given their current circumstances. (in my opinion)
Its a great sight to see our end packed and a really great feeling when we all sang in unison....
At the end of the match to be stood with disgruntled Charlton fans who clapped our players off was very heart warming, equally the respect our players gave in responding with saluting the Charlton fans was really appreciated by those who were around me.
Our players actually looked up and in to the stands whilst clapping unlike the vast majority of the Charlton players who just wanted to get off.
A scrappy performance maybe, but one thing we showed today was class!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The referees must want Burnley in the Premier or otherwise Barton would have been sent off and suspended. If you stop Barton you stop Burnley who are a very 1 dimensional route one team.
Why on Earth would the referees want Burnley specifically in the PL ?

A conspiracy that makes zero sense.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This thread is completely deluded. There is NO chance that Burnley will drop any points to Charlton - they will stuff them out of sight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So you'd have preferred today's game to have taken place behind closed doors (as it would have done under your plan given the similar beach ball stoppages in our preceding games)?

I would nt have preferred it but something has to be done to stop disruptions but still allow fans to protest. It wouldnt take many closed doors games to stop it, possibly only 1 when fans realize that the FL are serious. Fans would like at alternative protests.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
While Charlton were a much better side then I expected the one thing they aren't is a big powerful side which Burnley are. I think Burnley will out muscle them on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here