Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Julien Baker, Green Door, 1 June 16.
Her debut album made my 2015 top ten so huzzah!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Enjoyed Steve Mason last night. Older stuff sounded better but that's probably as I was most familiar with it. Mason clearly a bit nervous with the newer material.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
[MENTION=587]Pevenseagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] - did you get his annoying bass buzz I was talking about in my post. Seemed to fade as the show went on but ruined 3 of the first 4 songs for me.

It could have been just where I was standing or my ears have finally given up.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
[MENTION=587]Pevenseagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] - did you get his annoying bass buzz I was talking about in my post. Seemed to fade as the show went on but ruined 3 of the first 4 songs for me.

I know what you are saying. It was there for a while- we stood about a third of the way back in the middle. Expected it to be busier but not complaining as I hate a packed C2.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Villagers were special at a packed St Georges Church last night. Very moving at times & I do like to see a band so keen to put on a good show. Dark Star Hop Head at £3.50 was a nice surprise.

Audience let the subtleties be heard, the only (predictable) downside & distraction were the clowns waving phones and iPads about. One twunt even walked down the aisle mid song to snap away. Unreal.

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

I went to too many My Bloody Valentine gigs to be able to appreciate the finer subtleties of sound at gigs nowadays.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Villagers were special at a packed St Georges Church last night. Very moving at times & I do like to see a band so keen to put on a good show. Dark Star Hop Head at £3.50 was a nice surprise.

Audience let the subtleties be heard, the only (predictable) downside & distraction were the clowns waving phones and iPads about. One twunt even walked down the aisle mid song to snap away. Unreal.

Why would anyone take an IPad to a concert? Crazy!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Radiohead are coming to town in September. One of a handful of bands I've yet to see.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You've seen EVERYONE bar a handful of bands?

Ha. Not quite. I meant there's a handful of bands I want to see, but have yet to see.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Grimes tomorrow and Joanna Newsom in Hamburg next week.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Coldplay Sunday night headliner announced for Glasto. A good excuse to be at another stage that night.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Coldplay Sunday night headliner announced for Glasto. A good excuse to be at another stage that night.

I went and watched British Sea Power at Glastonbury when the White Stripes were playing. Not because I don't like White Stripes but by then I had enough of the crowds and I love Seapower. By Sunday you may feel the same and plenty else going on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here