Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speeding Advice

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Not aware he even suggested he'd been caught speeding ??? Regardless, the authorities should stick to the law.

The name [MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] in itself suggests he was speeding.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I used to work with someone who was summoned to court after refusing to pay the fine issued and he chose to challenge it.

Once in the dock he was asked what the speed limit for the road he was when 'caught' - He replied 40mph. They then asked him, according to the photogragh, how fast was he travelling when he passed the speed camera? - he said 30mph....

They realised that the system has mailfunctioned and it turned out that it had summoned about 40 people for speeding and after they double checked each one, they found that 39 of them had been under the speed limit at the time

In 30 mph limits, the police don't prosecute until the car is over 35 mph. There is at least a 10% leeway.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
In 30 mph limits, the police don't prosecute until the car is over 35 mph. There is at least a 10% leeway.

I know, but the fault was that it seemed to think that the drivers were doing 40mph in a 30, hence the attempt to prosecute

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If you have been caught like always I would say look for a reason to fight it but that is me and my attitude, never just accept anything.

So would you think the same if you carry on with that devil may care attitude if / when you have an accident (not necessarily your fault) but someone dies or is left badly injured? Do you think getting somewhere a few minutes early is worth the pain and misery that could cause?

Far too many people that don't think about the consequences of their actions (like speeding) and if caught up in an accident, how much worse the outcome will be.

They are more interested in their own needs and in the age of time saving devices and increased leisure time in our lives, they still feel the need to rush about in the effort to save a couple of minutes which, if truth be told, makes next to no difference to their lives. They are unwilling to abide by rules that are there for safety (yours and more importantly, others) because of their arrogance, that they are somehow special and should be bound by the rules and are determined to fight it when caught rather than accept the responibilty for their actions.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not it's not. Unless it is an emergency situation all the emergency services have to abide by the laws and regulations of the road.
Seriously? Cop cars are always parked on double yellows to get on with their daily duties, rather than emergencies. Edna?

Aug 23, 2011
So would you think the same if you carry on with that devil may care attitude if / when you have an accident (not necessarily your fault) but someone dies or is left badly injured? Do you think getting somewhere a few minutes early is worth the pain and misery that could cause?

Far too many people that don't think about the consequences of their actions (like speeding) and if caught up in an accident, how much worse the outcome will be.

They are more interested in their own needs and in the age of time saving devices and increased leisure time in our lives, they still feel the need to rush about in the effort to save a couple of minutes which, if truth be told, makes next to no difference to their lives. They are unwilling to abide by rules that are there for safety (yours and more importantly, others) because of their arrogance, that they are somehow special and should be bound by the rules and are determined to fight it when caught rather than accept the responibilty for their actions.

Exactly this. It does amuse me sometimes (and scare me a little) at the stupid things people do behind the wheel. A car slightly dangerously overtook me today and then I proceeded to follow directly behind this car for the next 3 miles as he was stuck behind a bus.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Be a man and take responsibility for your actions.
I will, but until then I will I will not accept punishment if the law enforcers had been breaking the law. I think I will be fighting a losing battle if that is of any consolation to you.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good spot for the Rozzers, I'm all for catching speeding looneys. i really don't get why some people refuse to accept that the law applies to them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The name [MENTION=7631]wellquickwoody[/MENTION] in itself suggests he was speeding.
The nickname refers to my motorcycling behaviour, I was in my car.

No hiding here, I was driving in excess of the speed limit, hardly taking the pixx at 38/39 in what was a 40 for the previous thirty years. If I can find a way to get away with it I will.

crabbie

Aug 9, 2014
Why are you concerned?
If you weren't speeding then you have nothing to be concerned
About have you! !

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If you have been caught like always I would say look for a reason to fight it but that is me and my attitude, never just accept anything.

Caught speeding? Going above the limit? Save your precious time lookong for loopholes, by sticking to below the speed limit. It's that simple.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

That is not the case.

There were people in my speed awareness course who were being 'done' for 33 & 34 mph.

For what it's worth, the course was exceptionally good and has greatly improved my speed awareness.

The 'don't drive like a knob' (or words to that effect) course that I was requested to attend a couple of months later, was pretty poor so the only future deterrent I have for that misdemeanor is points.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

You must be lovely in real life, I'm sure this argumentative and bigoted stuff you type is just a front ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That is not the case.

There were people in my speed awareness course who were being 'done' for 33 & 34 mph.

For what it's worth, the course was exceptionally good and has greatly improved my speed awareness.

The 'don't drive like a knob' (or words to that effect) course that I was requested to attend a couple of months later, was pretty poor so the only future deterrent I have for that misdemeanor is points.

I'm fairly sure that they were only admitting to 33 or 34, unless you saw every letter. Speedos in cars are not that accurate which is why there is a minimum of 10% grace.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You must be lovely in real life, I'm sure this argumentative and bigoted stuff you type is just a front ?
L
It doesnt cost me anything only time which I have plenty of so nothing to lose if I can win 1. Usually the police are in the right but not always, so nothing to lose by investigating it closely.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here