Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Hudson

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm local and have been for some time, and I know people (no, not the ones that 'take care of someone'), but the number of people I know who can give me accurate insider knowledge remains at a constant zero. How is it that you seem to have an endless supply of people ITK?

It's seems totally random that someone working on a job at a relatives house has come up with this information, and that could easily happen. The one thing that's not totally random though, is that the poser is you.

Why is it you?
1) Is it just coincidence that this genuine piece of information has fallen in your lap?
2) Do your friends like winding you up because you're the most gullible person they've ever met?
3) Are you making this up?

Assuming you're not going to admit to number 3, has this person who called you ever given you information on player signings before, and if so, what did they say and were they right?

Go easy on him; this could be right, and everyone is in a good mood today.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just had a call from somebody working at one of his relatives house in Guildford who was told he is signing for us, an experienced CB. Dont know how good and accurate it is just thought I would pass it on.
Interesting. This sounds quite possible.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For the record which explains my association. The person who was told it is an ex Woking player who is well known in local circles, in fact I reccomended him to Brighton when he was playing for Woking but he couldnt afford the drop in wages as he was getting paid by Woking plus had his building business. He also has at least one ex pro working for him who played against BHA at The Goldstone. So football is a very topical conversation with them.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
leave BG alone he just needs a cuddle
and you never know he could be right :kiss:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The person who was told it is an ex Woking player who is well known in local circles, in fact I reccomended him to Brighton when he was playing for Woking but he couldnt afford the drop in wages as he was getting paid by Woking plus had his building business. He also has at least one ex pro working for him who played against BHA at The Goldstone. So football is a very topical conversation with them.

its funny that you say that
many years ago someone I was working with who played Sussex football told me that our next manager would be a certain Allan Mullery a week before it was announced
hope you are right on this one mate

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If not so be it, but this is a discussion board about anything but based mainly on football and BHA and I thought it was interesting and thought others might also.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Everyone remembers where they were the day that [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] finally tipped up a winning horse.

This could be another one of those rare moments in life.

SAC

May 21, 2014
33 isn't that old for a defender and looking on Wiki he was Cardiff's player of the season before they were promoted to the PL. He still has a year to go on his Huddersfield contract and played in most of their games last season so I would be surprised if he was being released.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Everyone remembers where they were the day that [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] finally tipped up a winning horse.

This could be another one of those rare moments in life.

The thing is I genuinely do remember where I was that day and I seem to recall he followed it up with two, maybe three winners on the spin. Sadly, that's been it ever since.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It's an interesting shout. Potentially a bit cheaper than someone like Keogh and hopefully will cover us for a year or two while Rea develops. I'd also hope it means we could focus more money on getting the wingers we need. Only question mark is why Huddersfield would let him go, unless he wants to move back down south.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's an interesting shout. Potentially a bit cheaper than someone like Keogh and hopefully will cover us for a year or two while Rea develops. I'd also hope it means we could focus more money on getting the wingers we need. Only question mark is why Huddersfield would let him go, unless he wants to move back down south.

He'd be one of their higher earners. Might just want him off the wage bill.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Would have thought he would be a first teamer rather than cover.
He was good at Cardiff and Palace as someone else said, pretty solid.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
IF (I say again, IF) he was to sign it's a reasonable addition to the squad.

Had it been five years earlier, it would have been a great signing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Aaron Hughes was perfect for us last year - a very decent, experienced defender at this level.

If we do keep Dunk, it's not inconceivable that we'd want someone similar in the squad.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I'm local and have been for some time, and I know people (no, not the ones that 'take care of someone'), but the number of people I know who can give me accurate insider knowledge remains at a constant zero. How is it that you seem to have an endless supply of people ITK?

It's seems totally random that someone working on a job at a relatives house has come up with this information, and that could easily happen. The one thing that's not totally random though, is that the poser is you.

Why is it you?
1) Is it just coincidence that this genuine piece of information has fallen in your lap?
2) Do your friends like winding you up because you're the most gullible person they've ever met?
3) Are you making this up?

Assuming you're not going to admit to number 3, has this person who called you ever given you information on player signings before, and if so, what did they say and were they right?

bloody hell. taking this a bit seriously, ain't ya? just enjoy BG's posts for the comedy gold they usually are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here