Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The campaign was terrible. Generally it was pure complacency - they thought it would be easy. They simply misjudged the number of disenfranchised people who would seize the chance to lash out, they misjudged how gullible many people are - thinking of each ridiculous lie "Nobody will fall for that" so not properly countering them, and most of all they misjudged quite how many xenophones and let's be honest about this, racists, are amongst the population.

Wise words. The only man I hate more than Farage is Cameron. He completely misjudged the mood of large swathes of the nation which was unforgiveable, particularly as many were his own Tory supporters beguiled by Farage. He almost f*cked up the Scottish Independence Referendum too, were it not for a timely late interjection from Gordon Brown.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The point being both sides present their opponents in the worse possible light predicting armageddon exactly the same as the referendum campaign. No one 'knew' what the economic fallout would be as no one exactly 'knew' what deal would or would not be agreed.

Anyone claiming to 'know' was fibbing and the numerous groups predicting outcomes had a shocking track record in predicting anything accurately let alone something like Brexit.

Oh come on, are you really equating £350m for the NHS to "Labour will put up your taxes"? The lies of the Leave campaign are on another level to anything else seen in a vote in this country.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The campaign was terrible. Generally it was pure complacency - they thought it would be easy. They simply misjudged the number of disenfranchised people who would seize the chance to lash out, they misjudged how gullible many people are - thinking of each ridiculous lie "Nobody will fall for that" so not properly countering them, and most of all they misjudged quite how many xenophones and let's be honest about this, racists, are amongst the population.

This. He unwittingly gave the ignorant the chance to destroy the UK in a cynical bid to win back UKIP votes and silence his backbench. I cannot think in living history that there has been a worse, self inflicted time for the UK.

*Sigh* it's exactly that attitude that has partly lead to where we are today. Will you lot ever learn, sneering contempt for people with a different view assuming they are gullible idiots is not a winning strategy?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The point being both sides present their opponents in the worse possible light predicting armageddon exactly the same as the referendum campaign. No one 'knew' what the economic fallout would be as no one exactly 'knew' what deal would or would not be agreed.

Anyone claiming to 'know' was fibbing and the numerous groups predicting outcomes had a shocking track record in predicting anything accurately let alone something like Brexit.

That's just plain inaccurate. Plenty of well respected groups, thinktanks, economists, journalists, financiers and politicians predicted pretty much exactly what is happening now.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
*Sigh* it's exactly that attitude that has partly lead to where we are today. Will you lot ever learn, sneering contempt for people with a different view assuming they are gullible idiots is not a winning strategy?

Sorry, leave voters are gullible. Not one of them has ever managed on here to put up a reasonable argument for leaving. Not one.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So why the change of mind on 'no deal' from 'extended emergency measures' to

Or have you seen the light and got a new standard answer on anything Brexit related ?

Numerous remainers are talking up a no deal much more than any Brexiteers on here. FFS tell them the error of there ways ... stupid gullible etc. :D

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It isn't sneering contempt on my part. Just a sad realization.

Are you genuinely going to argue that believing the £350m a week, or of the imminent arrival of millions of Turks does not constitute 'gullible'?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It isn't sneering contempt on my part. Just a sad realization.

Are you genuinely going to argue that believing the £350m a week, or of the imminent arrival of millions of Turks does not constitute 'gullible'?

Looks more like sneering contempt from my perspective... are there any legitimate reasons for voting leave?

As I have said both sides stretched the limits. Have we got half a million more unemployed as predicted by project fear or record employment? Voting remain supposedly meant voting for the status quo ... incredibly stupid/gullible?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Numerous remainers are talking up a no deal much more than any Brexiteers on here. FFS tell them the error of there ways ... stupid gullible etc. :D

I'm not interested in them.

I am genuinely interested why someone who is supposedly so committed in their beliefs would suddenly make a second complete U-turn on something so significant and then refuse to say why :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm not interested in them.

I am genuinely interested why someone so committed in their beliefs would suddenly make a complete U-turn and then refuse to say why :shrug:

Not interested in the numerous remainers that think your analysis is complete tosh? They think a no deal is a real threat, about time you stepped up to the plate and told them why they are wrong.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
There are two posters on here who, having understood how stupid they have been, and are now trying to backtrack and position themselves as simple WUMs.

It may be that with the line you're now taking a naive person could believe that you are also back-tracking to join them at a furious pace :lolol:

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Oh come on, are you really equating £350m for the NHS to "Labour will put up your taxes"? The lies of the Leave campaign are on another level to anything else seen in a vote in this country.

The last person in the country put out the lights seems a bit more absolute than promising more money for the NHS.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There are two posters on here who, having understand how stupid they have been, and are now trying to backtrack and position themselves as simple WUMs.

It may be that with the line you're now taking a naive person could believe that you are also back-tracking to join them at a furious pace :lolol:

When you have the balls to confront remainers about opinions you ridicule if held by leavers your opinions may hold some marginal consistency .. until then I doubt anyone cares what you think. :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The last person in the country put out the lights seems a bit more absolute than promising more money for the NHS.

Whilst sensationalist that phrase was not meant to be taken at face value. The lie that £350m a week will be spent on the NHS was designed to be believed wholesale. You really are in over your head here.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Whilst sensationalist that phrase was not meant to be taken at face value. The lie that £350m a week will be spent on the NHS was designed to be believed wholesale. You really are in over your head here.

Did you ever hunt down [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] or was that just another one of your multi-account lies? :D

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So why the 2 U-turns in quick succession ?

That aside, his question is a fair one that you have dodged for a number of posts now. The EU is stepping up no deal planning as is the UK yet you've told us time and time again it isn't possible to have a no deal situation. Maybe you'd like to mention this to the EU and the UK government as it will save both parties a lot of money.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Did you ever hunt down [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] or was that just another one of your multi-account lies? :D

I know you have a very low attention threshold but do try and stay on topic. Some very pertinent questions have been directed at you this afternoon and you have failed to address any of them. You're problem is you're always talking (telling porkies) when you should be listening.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here