Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ITV England World Cup Finals Coverage

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
BBC is not free , we have to pay tv license , and I see they have decided to put this afternoons match on the red button , and put The British Athletics Championship on instead , great idea ,

No, the Athletics is on the red button. SD and HD showing the football.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ads dominate, so all momentum is lost when the pundits get going. G.Neville is brilliant on Sky, but you barely get to listen to his views on ITV.

Tyldesley isn’t very good. Amazing that ITV stick by him, as if he’s the quality of Martin Tiler.

Lee Dixon comes across as dour and dominates the brief chats.

ITV could do with putting GH on a buss to somewhere that isn't hosting a football match

I would add though that at least ITV haven't followed BT's champions league policy of having two co commentators and a commentator...does my head in listening to all three stating the bleeding obvious :moo:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
BBC is not free , we have to pay tv license , and I see they have decided to put this afternoons match on the red button , and put The British Athletics Championship on instead , great idea ,
I didn't say it was free did I.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
ITV could do with putting GH on a buss to somewhere that isn't hosting a football match

I would add though that at least ITV haven't followed BT's champions league policy of having two co commentators and a commentator...does my head in listening to all three stating the bleeding obvious :moo:

Must admit, I never noticed that about BT, but you must be right.

I loved their CL coverage, with the brilliant footballing quartet of Lineker/Gerrard/Lampard/Rio, giving quality insight in the rest of the prog.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Must admit, I never noticed that about BT, but you must be right.

I loved their CL coverage, with the brilliant footballing quartet of Lineker/Gerrard/Lampard/Rio, giving quality insight in the rest of the prog.
Agreed. But their Ashes coverage was very very poor.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed. But their Ashes coverage was very very poor.

Being a bad loser and despising the Aussies at sport, I didn't watch one second. Can't stand Warner - in the Botham / Viv Richard's era, he would've been a snivelling coward.

Other than the one recent tour, with home advantage including wickets and the Kookabura, they always destroy us.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Credit where it's due. Neville and whoever is doing the commentary tonight have been good. As a health warning I'm death in one ear this evening but I'm sure the other one is ok.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
2 minutes of programme, followed by 5 minutes of ads. Rinse and repeat for 45 minutes.

Yes I know they're commercial, but this is the biggest pisstake in their cheapskate history.

They'll probably repeat that pattern during the game too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I actually think their punditry has improved considerably this time around. The BBC used to knock them out of the park when it came to pre and post match analysis, but having Neville and (surprisingly) Ian Wright have picked things up a fair bit.

I've quite liked Alex Scott on the BBC, but at least ITV have made up some ground from their usual abysmal effort. For every Hoddle, there's a Lawro or a Danny Murphy, so I'm calling it a draw.

(the coverage, I mean: obviously WERE LOOSE the football match because it's being shown on ITV).

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I actually think their punditry has improved considerably this time around. The BBC used to knock them out of the park when it came to pre and post match analysis, but having Neville and (surprisingly) Ian Wright have picked things up a fair bit.

I've quite liked Alex Scott on the BBC, but at least ITV have made up some ground from their usual abysmal effort. For every Hoddle, there's a Lawro or a Danny Murphy, so I'm calling it a draw.

(the coverage, I mean: obviously WERE LOOSE the football match because it's being shown on ITV).
Lawro is awful but I'd still take him and Pearce over the Clive and Glen "dream team". [emoji33]

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Adverts adverts adverts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here