Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Baggies are NOT doomed!

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Nobody's doomed yet - and nobody will be doomed following today's results. The way things are going this season we could easily get to the last two or three games before that dreaded 'R' appears next to anybody.

Mods - can we stamp out this open display of non-binary thinking? We know the rules and insights like this are sickening. We are either fantastic or catastrophically doomed. Every player is player of the season or should be loaned to a 2nd division Sussex County league team.

If we armed teachers, librarians, lollipop ladies and Mrs Williamson in Age Concern we could also stop this NOW.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Thanks - I also had a £20 bet at the start of the season (when bookies had us down as relegation favourites along with the Seagulls, Huddersfield and Watford),

The £20 at 5/2 was for Burnley to finish above all three promoted sides (Newcastle, Brighton, Huddersfield plus my pet hate Bournemouth).

Things were looking good until our recent spate of bad injuries, but now I think smug Eddie will definitely finish above us. We play the Cherries at home on the last day of the season.

I wasn't really caring about the health of your wallet. Just means if you win then that takes one of the relegation places

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
They are now imo, any semblance of hope amongst their camp must surely have been eroded after bottling their biggest game of the season

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don’t care if they stay up or not or how many points they are from safety - I just care how many points behind us they are - and that’s 11 with 10 to play - surely enough of a cushion despite our run-in...?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I see your point but I don't think any Sean Dyche side will "be on the beach" - Murray getting Tarkowski retrospectively banned at The Amex will be all the motivation Dyche and his players need. As for Bournemouth at home on the final day, just two words (Eddie Howe):)

Thats some quite impressive tinted glasses you have, to imagine anything other than Tarkowski getting himself banned

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Since taking charge at WBA Pardew is averaging 0.57 points per game. Happy with that!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Baggies ARE doomed because there is something fundamentally rotten at the club at the moment. With that going on, there's no way that the team will play for each other. They need a Pulis or Dyche or Big Sam to pull off a recovery to save them. Instead they've got Pardew.

They're toast.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I don’t care if they stay up or not or how many points they are from safety - I just care how many points behind us they are - and that’s 11 with 10 to play - surely enough of a cushion despite our run-in...?

I seriously can’t see them overtaking us now (despite our run in) based on their form of only 3 wins to date + the Pardew factor !

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The Baggies ARE doomed because there is something fundamentally rotten at the club at the moment. With that going on, there's no way that the team will play for each other. They need a Pulis or Dyche or Big Sam to pull off a recovery to save them. Instead they've got Pardew.

They're toast.
Yep. Said this before. They're like Sunderland in the rotten category but also have a mincing halfwit in charge. Doomed.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why would we want him sacked, he's doing a great job... Maybe not for Brom but if they carry on like they are at least that's 20th spot filled :)

He gave away 3 points to one of our big relegation contenders today, how on earth is that doing a great job for us? You muppet

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

They're toast.

Your post reminded me of the 'jobs for the boys' talk we had after Pards' (was he the last one?) appointment.

If I remember getting Hodgson, Allardyce, Moyes and Pards was widely derided by the 'talking heads' as same old narrow minded thinking
Then for a few weeks the tide changed and the same talking heads were telling us 'that's why you employ a wise old head'.
The league table would suggest the tides on it's way out again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here