Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Never a red

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Soft red card, but Stephens is not the sharpest tool in the box, so it doesn't surprise me. That said, he's in credit, so I'll not hold it against him, let's just move on and stop pissing the bed.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Stephens should never have given the ref a decision to make. Silly boy. Personally I think it was a red.

So Stephens so not have gone in for the tackle?
If you win the ball first then it's a fair tackle, it is impossible to not follow through. A few years ago everyone would be saying great tackle, unfortunately now the FA decided that they must protect the prima donna
players

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you win the ball first then it's a fair tackle, it is impossible to not follow through. A few years ago everyone would be saying great tackle, unfortunately now the FA decided that they must protect the prima donna
players

If you read the laws of the game you will find this isn’t true.

D

Deleted member 18477

Not a red, but if the ref gave a red for that he should have given a red for the deliberate rugby tackle on Andone when he was breaking through as that could have caused concussion which is more serious than a leg break.

The game has gone mad, snowflakes on and off the pitch, pathetic.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
*******ham was falling down all over the place.

Warnock instils that in all his teams, I still remember Notts County doing it at every opportunity in the play off final. No suprise to me how easily they went down and stayed down. You’d think refs would have worked it out by now instead of buying it everytime.

Murray got just the one free kick in his favour I think but loads against him. That fecking ref was the worst we’ve had since we came into this division. In fact worse than the complete and utter shyster imo.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Warnock instils that in all his teams, I still remember Notts County doing it at every opportunity in the play off final. No suprise to me how easily they went down and stayed down. You’d think refs would have worked it out by now instead of buying it everytime.

Murray got just the one free kick in his favour I think but loads against him. That fecking ref was the worst we’ve had since we came into this division. In fact worse than the complete and utter shyster imo.

Have to agree, maybe only ex players should be referees, they at least would get it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry but I should have said imho If you win the ball first then it's a fair tackle, sometimes it's impossible to make the tackle without making contact with the player. It's sad that football is going this way.

:thumbsup:

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Take a look on the Cardiff forum, most of their fans have said it was a harsh red, when the opposition fans say that you generally know it shouldn’t have been given

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
just look at the type of ponce that gets into the refereeing club........most players probably wouldn't want to know .

90 plus league clubs must end up over time having to realease countless players who would probably love the chance of another income, happens in cricket all the time.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Yellow at best. Or no foul. Was going to do a thread before they even scored saying what a homer this ref is and it’s just been proved. Joke.

problem is, it looked bad in real time. ref doesn't get a replay. simple as that.

FWIW - i didnt even think it was a yellow - when i had a chance to see a replay

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
On today’s performance Atkinson would never have shown a red if a Cardiff player had made that challenge.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
On today’s performance Atkinson would never have shown a red if a Cardiff player had made that challenge.

Exactly, the player made a meal of it, Warnock et al, somehow found strength to leap like Michael Jordan.....

Atkinson didn’t pause, also ignored their player going in with his head.

Gave us nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
players

I agree with you.I think it's a red only in the light of how the game is refereed today. But that is how it is refereed today and we know that, and that's why I think he was bit daft to do what he did. Oh well. Shit game, Shit result. Next!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having watched it in slow motion on MOTD I think that it was a definite red and we would be foolish to contest it but what was the difference between that and what Callum Chambers did for Fulham which only received a yellow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here