Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong, March and crossing

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Need urgent and repeated crossing practise over the international break. Absolutely dreadful time and again, every match.

In fairness Bong was very good again apart from that though. March should probably start the next game on the bench though.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
March was tearing it up in the first half - that's the Solly we know. In the second half he wasn't as good, but he has come back into form a bit recently so I'm not sure why he would deserve to be dropped.

D

Deleted member 2719

March was tearing it up in the first half - that's the Solly we know. In the second half he wasn't as good, but he has come back into form a bit recently so I'm not sure why he would deserve to be dropped.

I agree, March and Knocky have gone up a level recently and should keep their shirts.

However March has got to get some more accuracy on his crossing or time for change.

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Need urgent and repeated crossing practise over the international break. Absolutely dreadful time and again, every match.

In fairness Bong was very good again apart from that though.

March should probably start the next game on the bench though.

..... yes for another club - preferentially in the championship where he belongs

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
crossing was woeful from both flanks ... only player who got good ones in was Montoya IMHO but what do I know about footy :D
Knocky getting the knock and he prob had a slight case as was best player at that time BUT you could see he was running out of steam as tracking back went out the window like his toy out the pram

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Can see why Knocky was taken off a bit - was playing completely out of position - out of shape - but trying to make things happen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Murray definitely said to Solly "Get your ****ing head up" when one cross was slung across when a cut back would have left Glenn completely open

GM really gave SM a bollocking on that one, but that’s how Solly crosses most of the time, fecking annoying to me can’t imagine how much worse it must be for players that have made the effort to get into the box

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Credit where credit is due I think solly has been decent recently, including today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

No. No he really wasn’t. He wasn’t playing badly. But if that’s “tearing it up” and as good as it gets, it’s the Caribou Cup for him at most. And we’re out of that.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
No. No he really wasn’t. He wasn’t playing badly. But if that’s “tearing it up” and as good as it gets, it’s the Caribou Cup for him at most. And we’re out of that.

giphy.gif

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone would think the ball was being repeatedly spooned into row Z.

Sure the majority of crosses were found wanting, but then again so was the centre forward play and midfield support.
But some of the crossing was sublime and far to good not only for Fulham but their team mates as well.

If every cross were inch perfect the moaners would still moan, cos guess what:-

Not every cross equals a goal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Vaguely related, but we must have had 7 or 8 corners in the first 20 minutes, every single one of which was comfortably dealt with by the Fulham defence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here