Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mortimer and Whitehouse - gone fishing

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Yeah, sorry about that. The Royalty holds a very special place in my heart - it was the place that hosted my first fishing holiday with my grandfather, and, 15 years later, also my last holiday with him. Until only last year it was where I caught my largest barbel. The Bridge Pool is where I caught my first salmon.

I can think of no other place in the world that brings back so many happy memories of family times, and fishing days out. My love of fishing predates my love for the Albion by not far off a decade.

Lovely story, thinking about it, we’ve probably met.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Brilliant thread, not into fishing and not seen the show but brilliant thread.

Well done all.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Bob Mortimer is the funniest man in England by a country mile.

Apart from all the other stuff that Bob has done (with Vic) if anybody has seen his stints on Would I Lie To You? you would have seen what a funny and oddball life he had lead.
Most of his stories were so off the wall that they were called lies, but nope, they were the truth.
Wish I could remember some examples but I can't.
Loving the fishing show, just a naturally very funny man.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Apart from all the other stuff that Bob has done (with Vic) if anybody has seen his stints on Would I Lie To You? you would have seen what a funny and oddball life he had lead.
Most of his stories were so off the wall that they were called lies, but nope, they were the truth.
Wish I could remember some examples but I can't.
Loving the fishing show, just a naturally very funny man.

The best 50 minutes you will spend today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vE8ExuuNZQ

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Haven't watched the second one yet. I'm now at that age when fishing and heart health are both of equal interest to me.......you just never know when the info will come in handy
For those who don't like fishing, could you post the handy heart info?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For those who don't like fishing, could you post the handy heart info?

There’s precious little of an educational value on either fishing or heart conditions to be honest........there is quite a lot of honest discussion, and an awful lot of pisstaking though [emoji23][emoji23]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There’s precious little of an educational value on either fishing or heart conditions to be honest........there is quite a lot of honest discussion, and an awful lot of pisstaking though [emoji23][emoji23]
Sounds good.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Would love to spend all day reminiscing and musing while fishing..... and getting paid for it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Not very representative...
Two White ,Middle aged,most likely rabid Brexiteers,how is the BME community represented here?
These two STOLE My future.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Well worth watching.

The value for me is watching them make each other laugh. The fishing detail is fairly light, so that it’s more of an entertainment show than a typical fishing show.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well worth watching.

The value for me is watching them make each other laugh. The fishing detail is fairly light, so that it’s more of an entertainment show than a typical fishing show.

Good comparison above with the Detectorists........the fishing is almost incidental really (although it’s obvious Whitehouse loves it and is pretty good, whilst Mortimer is properly useless [emoji23][emoji23])

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here