Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As I said somewhere else at some point, i'm grateful for Paul Barber and his team for engineering ridiculous scenarios that generate NSC traffic.

I'm less pleased at the amount of hours I've wasted counting seats and posting on this thread over the past few days. I can now get back on with life, starting with my first shower in nearly a week.

You smell

Oh shit, do I now get investigated ?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I HONESTLY don't get what the big deal is. Those who – like me – were holding out for ESU/WSU tickets KNEW the gamble they/we were taking. As far as I know there was no confirmation or promise (apart from the last couple of days) that the upper tier(s) would be opened, so it's not as if the club LIED!

As it happens, the gamble paid off and I got the seats I wanted. If ESU didn't open – and I was left unable to go because there were no singles – the ONLY person to blame would be myself for not being risk averse.

Plus, at the end of the day, it's seats at a football match. How anyone can consider it THAT important as to post vitriol against the club and its decision-makers is beyond me, I'm afraid.

Still, good bit of traffic for NSC, eh [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] :wink:

/\ That

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With hindsight, they probably should have had the ESU open from the outset.

Probably not - I completely understand why upper tiers weren't initially open given the Palace game crowd.

I just think that it's been clear for a few days that an upper tier was going to be required if the club wished to continue selling tickets for this game, and it's been a bit silly to hold off doing that until now.

I HONESTLY don't get what the big deal is. Those who – like me – were holding out for ESU/WSU tickets KNEW the gamble they/we were taking. As far as I know there was no confirmation or promise (apart from the last couple of days) that the upper tier(s) would be opened, so it's not as if the club LIED!

As it happens, the gamble paid off and I got the seats I wanted. If ESU didn't open – and I was left unable to go because there were no singles – the ONLY person to blame would be myself for not being risk averse.

Plus, at the end of the day, it's seats at a football match. How anyone can consider it THAT important as to post vitriol against the club and its decision-makers is beyond me, I'm afraid.

The big deal is that until today, some people saw they could not buy tickets where they wanted and some of these, being a cup game, are not regulars. Some won’t check again and many won’t be aware of this thread.

Some people can’t do stairs. As the lower bowl is now virtually sold out, this policy now prevents those who are unable to do want to do stairs who may have booked next week.

Despite the club having large family area for league games, pairs of seats sold out in the family area long ago, meaning the only option was to be on the wings, adjacent to the away fans. A point of note, there is still no designated family availability, despite the shelf being available.

When the club make a boo boo, who do you suggest we aim our feedback at?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I think you're forgetting the "Open the WSU" campaign commencing Wednesday. You can stand down until then though.

It really is going to happen isn't it? So what you doing, piling into the East Upper or holding your nerve for your normal seat in the West Upper next week?

ps) glad you have finally got the FA Cup bug after those nasties from Palace have gone home :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It really is going to happen isn't it? So what you doing, piling into the East Upper or holding your nerve for your normal seat in the West Upper next week?

ps) glad you have finally got the FA Cup bug after those nasties from Palace have gone home :)

We bought central/back WSL tickets early on. So, for a change, you can lob stuff down on me!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Spot on.

And just to prove a point from earlier. The lower seats are still selling. There are now only 23 pairs left downstairs.

So it’s likely that despite there being circa 7000 available seats a week until kick off. It will HAVE to be upstairs, like it or not!

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

I sit in WSU, but getting front row middle tier in ESU why not, never sat there before can't wait been I've been told how noisy it is and everyone likes to get involved.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Loved it, pity it looks like it's near the end now
I'm not sure [MENTION=15277]kingcole[/MENTION] would agree with you. He is going to be very busy over the next few days.

We can also have fun making predictions about how many ESU tickets will actually sell. Bozza could supply a prize for the nearest guess.

I reckon 1,497.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Probably not - I completely understand why upper tiers weren't initially open given the Palace game crowd.

I just think that it's been clear for a few days that an upper tier was going to be required if the club wished to continue selling tickets for this game, and it's been a bit silly to hold off doing that until now.

I don't know, this game has a completely different FEEL to it compared to the Palace game, for loads of reasons, so I always expected at least one of the upper tiers to open from the outset.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Fans didn't turn up in their hoards for the Palace game but the club still paid for a full stadium of catering staff, stewarding staff and all the other different roles that are required on a matchday. Understandably they didn't want to face similar needless expenses in another cup game against a lower league side than the previous poor show, I think they will treat all cup games in a similar fashion from now on as money was wasted.

The only way they could've improved would be to highlight to fans how they would distribute future interest and state that if we got to within 500 tickets in the lower bowl then they planned to then open up the North Shelf followed by East Upper and that WSU would be last.

Ultimately the club have made some very sensible financial decisions based on the ticket purchases they have witness from the fans. Nobody with any sense can criticize the club for trying to save money

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here