Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
BBC Lancashire 's football presenter (although it looks like he's just responding to reports)

[tweet]768926136646631424[/tweet]

and Irish freelancer for Times Ireland and various other papers

[tweet]768924893542920192[/tweet]

Are those accounts reliable ? Don't use Twitter Jemma

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What a comment. How would anyone have proof?? Why would you ask for proof.

What is the point of anyone passing on info, if you need proof? What you want the phone lines tapped, or emails hacked? What proof do you think there is, or would you want or think anyone would have?

I give up!! No wonder there is not much talked about on here these days!

Carry on. Accept we have broken our trasnfer record for a reserve CB.

Next you will be believing that Dale Stephens absence is down to "extra training" !!

Perfect opportunity to play him in a cup game and give him much needed match time, and we got him doing "extra training". That makes sense!

All very well, but, players who aren't fit (Stephens) often pick up injuries from playing full on competitive games, so, obviously, Hughton should have risked Stephens, in a Mickey mouse cup game, just to appease the more cynical element of our fans

Good plan

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
The main reason we didn't get promoted last season was because we conceded too many goals, so I think the club would be more than prepared to spend £4.5m (if that is the correct fee) on Duffy without selling Dunk, as would we would be back to square one if we sell one centre half and bring in another.

As someone said earlier on in the thread, we need to get rid of this small club mentality which suggests that we can't have a wealth of good players in one position.

Hopefully we do sign Duffy and a new left back, so we then have two very good back fours.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Are you a Palace troll? Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen you post anything at all positive about the club or management. According to you, and your insider knowledge, every in demand player we have is on their way out, and anyone coming in, is not up to standard.
If you're not palace, then, you must be very depressed about life in general
Where have I said Duffy is not up to standard? He is, but he's not better than Dunk. Is he? He's the perfect replacement for Dunk, and the best we could hope for in our position.

You've never seen me say anything positive about a manager, until Houghton joined. I think he's our best manager for 30 years! Haven't got a bad word to say about him, and hope he's here for years to come. I have never been more confident of promotion than I am this season..

I criticised Poyet, Oscar and Sami, for their boring tippy tappy football, and got called a dinosaur along with a few others for wanting 4-4-2. I noticed all those comments have been forgotton now, and us dinosaurs are enjoying the goals and entertainment that the old fashioned 4-4-2 brings, rather than the sleepy 70% possession one shot on target shite that we got served up before. Best time ever to be a Brighton fan, but I have it good authoirty that Dunk is joining Sunderland, Hull or one of the other relegation fodder, and Dale Stephen is also on the way out.

If I wanted to make shit up out of nowhere, I would have started with Knockart, the obvious one, who I know nothing about, and hope he stays more than any other.

Dunk i will gutted to lose as I think he's the best CB in the Championship.

Stephens less so, as I don't think we will miss him with what he have in CM, but Dunk would be a major loss.

And I can assure you, if he does leave, I won't be on here Wednesday bragging about it, saying I told you so. I will as pissed off as the rest of the site!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
What Andy Naylor said this morning. Looks like its accelerated. Can't see it done before Newcastle though.

"Albion’s link with unsettled Blackburn defender Shane Duffy is set to rumble on.
But The Argus understands suggestions the Seagulls were in negotiations over the Northern Ireland centre-back yesterday are wide of the mark.
Albion have already had two bids for the player knocked back and are considering defensive options ahead of Saturday’s trip to Newcastle.
They are thought to still be interested in Duffy, pictured, who has just one year left on his Rovers contract and has rejected a new deal.
But a source in East Lancashire last night suggested it would be no surprise if the player were still at Ewood Park at the weekend." via
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/14702665.Seagulls_still_monitoring_Blackburn_defender/

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
So now it's just any number of teams from the bottom half. No concrete interest at all then and we're signing a player on a whim that one of those clubs might come calling. Ok. Put your money where you mouth is [MENTION=27463]Tubby-McFat-Fuc[/MENTION].

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If this isn't all bullshit, which it could well be, what is the latest that he can sign and be eligible to play against Newcastle? Midday tomorrow?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wouldn't surprise me if we sell Dunk, but if we do we'll be bringing in 2 center backs and be making the total in that position up to 4 players.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Where have I said Duffy is not up to standard? He is, but he's not better than Dunk. Is he? He's the perfect replacement for Dunk, and the best we could hope for in our position.

You've never seen me say anything positive about a manager, until Houghton joined. I think he's our best manager for 30 years! Haven't got a bad word to say about him, and hope he's here for years to come. I have never been more confident of promotion than I am this season..

I criticised Poyet, Oscar and Sami, for their boring tippy tappy football, and got called a dinosaur along with a few others for wanting 4-4-2. I noticed all those comments have been forgotton now, and us dinosaurs are enjoying the goals and entertainment that the old fashioned 4-4-2 brings, rather than the sleepy 70% possession one shot on target shite that we got served up before. Best time ever to be a Brighton fan, but I have it good authoirty that Dunk is joining Sunderland, Hull or one of the other relegation fodder, and Dale Stephen is also on the way out.

If I wanted to make shit up out of nowhere, I would have started with Knockart, the obvious one, who I know nothing about, and hope he stays more than any other.

Stephens less so, as I don't think we will miss him with what he have in CM, but Dunk would be a major loss.

And I can assure you, if he does leave, I won't be on here Wednesday bragging about it, saying I told you so. I will as pissed off as the rest of the site!

I'll back this guy up re slagging off managers...he hasn't to my knowledge done that to CH ...and I'm the one referred to as the idiot near the bottom of his posts :moo:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I have it good authoirty that Dunk is joining Sunderland, Hull or one of the other relegation fodder, and Dale Stephen is also on the way out.

If the authority is that good, surely you'll know where he's going...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

So, which bid have we accepted for Dunk? From which of the three clubs you mention, sorry, I don't believe you. If we had accepted bids for Stephens and Dunk and you know, it stands to reason, others would know, but, not a whisper from any credible source.knocky has been quoted as saying he's happy here and wants to stay, so that cuts down your scope on him, but both Dunk, who I've been told by a good source is going nowhere (a family member), and Stephens haven't denied something that hasn't happened,

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We have accepted, or as good as accepted a fee for Dunk. Sometimes you just cannot stand in a players way.
Don't get your point about the wingers. We had two for last season and signed two more. We now have 5, but Solly March's agent is always trying to move him on, so expect him or Lua Lua to be off, maybe not now, but by January at the latest

Interest in what you're saying about March there. I won't go into details but fairly confident he really enjoys playing for BHA and has a decent head on his shoulders. As I say, won't go into details but did you think he was close to going to Southampton...? Be interesting to hear your answer to that one... You know Solly's agent then I presume? Never say never in football but I'll be very interested in your response, given what you've said on March...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I'll back this guy up re slagging off managers...he hasn't to my knowledge done that to CH ...and I'm the one referred to as the idiot near the bottom of his posts :moo:
And you wont see my slagging off CH. He is a manager whose main interest is winning games, not playing a certain way. He is the first manager in 4, that plays a winger on the wing, and a attacker in attack.

How depressing was it seeing strikers played as wingers and winger down the centre, and feeling spoilt if he had more than 3 shots in a game. On target was a bonus!

CH keeps it simple. Attackers in attackers, wingers on the wing. And look at the results. Apart from one seven game period when we had an injury list from hell, we bossed that league, and would have pissed it had it not been for December. He plays a system that suits the players, rather than a system that makes him look "clever", regardless if the player are not good enough to play it., and look at the difference.

CH is a legend, and our best manager by a mile since the days of Cattlin/Mullery

Hoepfully this season will be the same as last. without the nightmare month.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Lancashire Telegraph a bit more cautious as to timetable of deal...just published.

"edging closer..fresh negotiations..£4.5m move...could ..make the switch... before the transfer window closes"

"BLACKBURN Rovers centre-back Shane Duffy is edging closer to a £4.5m move to Championship rivals Brighton & Hove Albion.
Brighton had bids for the 24-year-old centre-back turned down earlier in the summer.
But there have been fresh negotiations between the clubs and it is understood a fee of £4m plus add ons could see Duffy make the switch to the Seagulls before the transfer window closes on Wednesday."
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...closer_to___4_5m_Brighton___Hove_Albion_move/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
but BBC Radio Foyle/BBC Sport NI journalist says medical in the morning...

[tweet]768940101460226048[/tweet]

Perhaps Saturday is a goer.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lancashire Telegraph a bit more cautious as to timetable of deal...just published.

"edging closer..fresh negotiations..£4.5m move...could ..make the switch... before the transfer window closes"

"BLACKBURN Rovers centre-back Shane Duffy is edging closer to a £4.5m move to Championship rivals Brighton & Hove Albion.
Brighton had bids for the 24-year-old centre-back turned down earlier in the summer.
But there have been fresh negotiations between the clubs and it is understood a fee of £4m plus add ons could see Duffy make the switch to the Seagulls before the transfer window closes on Wednesday."
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...closer_to___4_5m_Brighton___Hove_Albion_move/

Hope we can get this one over the line.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here