Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Argus comments section

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Barcelona have a second stadium (15,00+ capacity) for their "reserve" and women's teams. Why shouldn't we.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We could invite a non-league club to play there, send in some youth players, climb the leagues....... keep putting up the rent each level they climb.

Sure that's against the rules though?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I was talking of The Centre of Excellence not Culver Rd as I was under the impression there are a number of pitches there.

There are lots of pitches but only 1 small stand that a non-league side would consider small. It is set up for training and academy use not for spectators. If you have a look at google maps in satellite view you can see the whole place easily enough.

D

Deleted member 22389

Women's game is only going to get bigger now. If true it's a good move by the club.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
6000!! I would have thought 600 would be more suitable.

Not long term thinking. And luckily not a perspective shared by BHAFC

Have you not noticed how quickly this is growing over the last 2 - 3 years? There is a clear plan to promote and to grow the women's game (presumably based on the potential, already proven in the US) and it seems to be working. Lot's of investment going in, lots more media coverage. And more and more girls playing.

A long long way to go - but attendances and TV audiences rising year on year.

The powers that be at Brighton clearly decided it was a good bet to get in early, and let's face it, they do seem to know what they are doing. Even Man Utd jumping on the bandwagon now.

As an aside I watched a couple of games in the Womens African Cup on nations recently. I don't really know that much about football, but I could see that the standard of defending was woeful, attacking was hit and miss but set peice delivery was astonishingly good.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
How about a partnership with Whitehawk, I know they were interested in an extension on the Enclosed Ground some time back, would also benefit another Brighton club rather than just the Albion ladies, and I am sure would be easier to get planning than to build over the road from the Amex.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
How about a partnership with Whitehawk, I know they were interested in an extension on the Enclosed Ground some time back, would also benefit another Brighton club rather than just the Albion ladies, and I am sure would be easier to get planning than to build over the road from the Amex.

This would make so much sense and would be a good bit of community engagement from the club. Though I'm under the impression the council didn't want to increase the capacity of the Enclosed Ground for some reason (probably traffic).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Makes sense. It could be the home ground for the U23s too.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
As an aside I watched a couple of games in the Womens African Cup on nations recently. I don't really know that much about football, but I could see that the standard of defending was woeful, attacking was hit and miss but set peice delivery was astonishingly good.

Could they twerk though? :jester:

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not long term thinking. And luckily not a perspective shared by BHAFC

Have you not noticed how quickly this is growing over the last 2 - 3 years? There is a clear plan to promote and to grow the women's game (presumably based on the potential, already proven in the US) and it seems to be working. Lot's of investment going in, lots more media coverage. And more and more girls playing.

A long long way to go - but attendances and TV audiences rising year on year.

The powers that be at Brighton clearly decided it was a good bet to get in early, and let's face it, they do seem to know what they are doing. Even Man Utd jumping on the bandwagon now.

Sounds like a right bunch of pussies in defence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here