Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Vegan hardline communists

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/172...o-of-animals-screaming-in-central-steakhouse/

Not strictly communists but nearly facist like in their desire to impose their will upon others.

Well which is it? Fascist or Communist?

I happen to agree with your stance on this and it’s an interesting discussion. Just a pity it’s been spun by one of the hard right woolen-heads that are running this board at present.

As for the actual demonstration? I suppose a steak house is pretty reasonable place for a vegan protest.

Last edited:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If the animals aren't reproduced in the first place, they wouldn't need to be kept alive. The land could then be used for other purposes.

But they exist already, pretending they don't doesn't answer the issue of what happens to them all if everyone suddenly stopped eating meat tomorrow

It depends on the scenario. If a date were given where the consumption of livestock would be forbidden, the farmers could plan their livestock population accordingly. If it were phased out over time, the farmers would reduce the population in coordination with supply and demand.

So you want to save all the animals by wiping them out through the stopping them breeding in order to solve the issue of their being raised for consumption? Surely some quality of life is better than never existing at all to those animals?

Tackling conditions and treatment whilst alive so they are well treated and the quality of life they had would be more a better way to deal with animal welfare concerns, rather than demanding an end to the farming of animals

Whilst we are on the subject, what about pets? - should they be banned and phased out too? - especially cats and dogs due to the demand for meat needed for their diets and the damaging effect that would have on the environment and on the animals raised for this purpose

What about things like fertilisers that is made from manure? where do we source a replacement for this when there are no longer animals providing it? do we go for man made alternatives (and the possible side effects they may have on wildlife or possible long term human health problems which may be more damaging)

We would be growing far more crops so would need something

Would there also be a higher risk that disease and pestilence could lead to food shortages? - what about the impact of famine or drought affecting food supplies? (we become more reliant on crops for food and with more fields in use for crops, the chances of it causing problems if they fail surely becomes higher)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is a load of old bollox. Really, folks ???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The thread title is very good.
Nazi Sharks On Benefits, anyone?

As an aside if anyone actually believes mass farming is going to end anytime soon can I have some of what you’re on! Too many people making far too much money out of it for it to cease.
And now the developing world is catching up they ain’t gonna want to give it up anytime soon.
Swathes of rainforest being sold off and land cleared for grazing.
Should it be banned? Yes, as soon as possible. Want to eat meat? Pay for it to be reared ethically.
Will it be banned? Yes, the very same day I get my head replaced with a cauliflower.

I could live without red meat and chicken but scallops? Monkfish? Crab salad? Honestly, it wouldn’t be worth undoing the straps of a morning.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

As an aside if anyone actually believes mass farming is going to end anytime soon can I have some of what you’re on! Too many people making far too much money out of it for it to cease.
And now the developing world is catching up they ain’t gonna want to give it up anytime soon.
Should it be banned? Yes, as soon as possible. Want to eat meat? Pay for it to be reared ethically.
Will it be banned? Yes, the very same day I get my head replaced with a cauliflower.

I could live without red meat and chicken but scallops? Monkfish? Crab salad? Honestly, it wouldn’t be worth undoing the straps of a morning.

What do we want?

Sobriety and chastity!

When do we want it?

Errr....not yet.

(with apologies to St Augustine)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What do we want?

Sobriety and chastity!

When do we want it?

Errr....not yet.

(with apologies to St Augustine)

What would all the daily mail reading Brexit voting baby boomers do if they couldn’t pop in for a bucket of moules et frites at Cafe Rouge of a Saturday without bark munching, dreadlocked commies bashing down the door and playing the sounds of a thousand mussels being boiled alive!
In fact you could ban mussels fine, I must have bearded a tonne of them in my days as a dish pig. Happy never to see another one as long as I live.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
No, many humans do not think that. That is why our species will be short lived. We simply as a whole do not care about this planet, it's inhabitants, eco system, resources and climate. For a supposed intelligent sentient being we really are incredibly stupid and that is why in the scheme of things we will not be around for long before a more benevolent being takes over. If there is a super intelligent alien species out there observing us the mystery as to why they have not contacted us is they probably look at us and think " bunch of wronguns " and give us a wide birth

As to the Vegans demo, their right but a waste of time as 95% of humans don't actually give a rats arse

I've travelled a fair bit and seen some beautiful places & sights , i often wonder what certain places were like 300 or 400 years ago ....sydney harbour , port st.john in the transkei , the coromandel peninsula in Nz , the ports of Beira and Zanzibar and countless others would have been places of abundant beauty and natural wealth , it has taken us such a short time to munt a huge part of the planet ......the atmosphere being the main one , by far the worst is Asia & Indonesia by sheer weight of human population certain locations are disgustingly polluted and trash ridden.I still hope that there will be a move to clean up the planet but at the end of the day it is over populated by about 400% in my opinion.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

ha ha ....one of your best old boy....:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let’s send some Brexit supporters in next time your having a 40 Euro Hipster Burger with the Frau and see how long you survive before being irritated!

:lolol:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
My comments on the plants was a joke as was the other poster, who saw it for what is was, and joked about watching flowers die in a vase.
Sense of humour failure.

I eat meat, I enjoy meat and don't feel any shame in eating meat, dairy or fish.

Sense of humour failure is endemic amongst many of the 'stridents'!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It depends on the scenario. If a date were given where the consumption of livestock would be forbidden, the farmers could plan their livestock population accordingly. If it were phased out over time, the farmers would reduce the population in coordination with supply and demand.

But according to your philosophy, surely these animals have a right to live and breed.
Umm, letting species of 'wildlife' fade to extinction.That would upset a few naturalists.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I’d bet a pound to a penny you’re a tiresome and tedious right wing bore with little imagination.

But as I really do not care what a sanctimonious, tedious, holier than thou, and better informed and educated than anyone else on NSC in your own opinion has to say about anything anymore, then so what? You fire a volley of personal abuse without provocation, when did you you give yourself the ownership of the moral high ground without using the moral compass it came equipped with? Go back to licking between Frau Merkel's, it is where you belong.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’d bet a pound to a penny you’re a tiresome and tedious right wing bore with little imagination.

But as I really do not care what a sanctimonious, tedious, holier than thou, and better informed and educated than anyone else on NSC in your own opinion has to say about anything anymore, then so what? You fire a volley of personal abuse without provocation, when did you you give yourself the ownership of the moral high ground without using the moral compass it came equipped with? Go back to licking between Frau Merkel's, it is where you belong.

Not bad. On reflection I take back the comment about little imagination, you clearly have some.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Just a pity it’s been spun by one of the hard right woolen-heads that are running this board at present.

WTF
NSC is being run by the political hard right? ?

:rotlf:

Has anyone told [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ......surely is NSC being run by the hard right deserves a poll of polls,
meanwhile have some more tin foil.

hqdefault.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here