Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Spoken to two guys I know who went and both didn’t hear the alleged chants[emoji102]

I didn't hear that either, but in all fairness when GB had the ball all you could hear was booo's so might have been something else in another part of the ground which we wouldn't have heard.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Was next to the divide with Burnley fans on Sat.

Things we did hear:
  • Continuous Booing of Bong
  • He's one of our own Jay Rod
  • Homophobic chanting and gestures throughout
  • Town full of racists

Things we didn't hear
  • Monkey noises
  • Town full of P***s ( Burnley fans claiming on there site this was sang by Brighton Fans )

I'm not saying it didn't happen but did not hear any monkey noises.

Seconded. I was there and that's exactly my take.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Spoken to two guys I know who went and both didn’t hear the alleged chants[emoji102]

I think the evidence needed to refute the claim is, after making extensive enquiries and requests for witnesses, not being able to find witnesses who did hear it, rather than simply being able to find two people who were there and didn't hear it!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Things we did hear:
  • Town full of racists

Things we didn't hear
  • Monkey noises
  • Town full of P***s ( Burnley fans claiming on there site this was sang by Brighton Fans )

I was sat on the other side of the goal and agree with this. I didn’t hear any monkey chants but GB got abuse whenever he approached the touch line so it could easily have happened.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Things we did hear:
  • Town full of racists

Things we didn't hear
  • Monkey noises

This was also my experience.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If the television coverage picked up any monkey chants that would in itself be proof.

Some sort of sanction would be then be appropriate - assuming the offending individuals couldn't be identified and prosecuted, closure of the offending area of the stand for a match, or a fine would have to do - something which would cause Burnley FC to very firmly read the riot act to its less acceptable supporters.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Things we did hear:
  • Town full of racists

Things we didn't hear
  • Monkey noises

I was on the row directly next to the Burnley fans and agree with what you state in terms of things heard/not heard. Again, just what I witnessed.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I DON'T CONDONE MONKEY CHANTING , but some time's feel things might be blown out of proportion? INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY let's wait and see
regards
DR

Let's break this one down.
I DON'T CONDONE MONKEY CHANTING
Great news
but some time's feel things might be blown out of proportion?
It's an accusation, it's being investigated. Nothing has been blown out of proportion

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY
Yep. That's a thing.

let's wait and see
Again, yep. That's the idea.

Quite a post:lolol:

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008

Things we did hear:
  • Town full of racists

Things we didn't hear
  • Monkey noises

I'd agree. The whole trip was unpleasant from start to finish, but I didn't hear any monkey chants. Some Burnley lads shouted 'town full of f*gg*ts' at me and my son as we got off the train at Manchester Road, and we heard Bong get booed continually.

I think there's a real danger that some people will make up things to make it seem worse than it was, which will in turn diminish the impact of the actual abuse.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'd agree. The whole trip was unpleasant from start to finish, but I didn't hear any monkey chants. Some Burnley lads shouted 'town full of f*gg*ts' at me and my son as we got off the train at Manchester Road, and we heard Bong get booed continually.

I think there's a real danger that some people will make up things to make it seem worse than it was, which will in turn diminish the impact of the actual abuse.

But then I assume you don’t know it didn’t happen..sitting next to some isn’t the whole ground...we will just gave to wait and see

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Just need to wait and see what the investigation turns up (if anything). IF it did happen it is likely to have been just one or a very small number of people, in which case it it would have probably only been heard by those nearby. Fair play then if it turns out anyone who reported it was a fellow Burnley fan. The assumption is that the complainant(s) are Brighton fans but does anyone actually know that? Could be Burnley, could be a steward, could be an official, could be a player (I'll leave mascot out for now, but you never know....)

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Things we did hear:
  • Town full of racists

Things we didn't hear
  • Monkey noises

If there were monkey chants it is unlikely to have come from a large group. More one or two individuals. Thus it is quite possible that they wouldn't have been picked up.

If the report to Kick It Out came from a home fan that would be a pretty strong testimony.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here