Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Both came in due to injury. However, both will be very difficult to dislodge. In Montoya's case maybe impossible.

Both will have long runs i'm guessing. Dunk, if an ankle and nothing broken, will be out for a week or two at least.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not it wasn't.
Oh bugger, my bad. I thought you had the hump that I was being dull and bouncing posts. I mean, yeah, it is a bit arsy, but we won, so I figured I'd be forgiven.

I even bounced a couple of threads myself earlier too. It was a semi-serious comment concerning the number of bullshit reactionary posts we've had since the Watford game.
:thumbsup:

Don't call me a United fan. :(
Sorry :(

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
were you guys singing

'' your city is blue.. your city is blue''

LOL
Yep.
Also that number 11 guy is great, is that who ARJ will be competing with for a spot?
Why do you think Ali didnt get at least the last 5 mins to run around and get going?
He was our player of the season in the year we got promoted, and probably for the 5 months of the previous season (he joined in the January). Our whole squad had to deal with the step up last season, and he wasn't able to dominate games as he was used to, but towards the end of the season he showed what he can do.

ARJ will get his chances, because wingers tend to blow hot and cold, and also tire out due to the amount of running demanded of them. Also the fact the Jose is injured, and he was our best winger last season (on the left).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sky just played interviews with angry ManUre fans leaving the South Stand. A cocky little shite said "We would've beaten Brighton by 6 or 7 if our players had given their all." No wonder they're disliked.
That stood out to me when I watched the post match interviews after getting home. You've been kinder to that little **** than I'd be.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just landed in Washington, having missed the game. I was not expecting to see that result when I landed that’s for sure!!
What f^€king result!! Absolutely brilliant. Can’t wait to watch the highlights!!
Get in, you mighty Seagulls!
If all you've seen is the result, Utd were lucky to only lose by 1.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Can't be arsed to trawl back, did anyone mention no words for GOSBTS on the big screens. Seems like everyone's learnt it though as was belted out at full volume.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2018
A mid-table finish looks absolutely possible, why not. Quality display by the lads today, just need to keep this momentum going. Disappointed AJ didn’t feature, with that fantastic performance by the team today he was surplus to requirements. He will get his chance soon, looking forward to a 90min feature. AK was bloody brilliant, redeemed himself since that abysmal Watford game.

Bring on Liverpool next week (and F*** Palace).

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
That stood out to me when I watched the post match interviews after getting home. You've been kinder to that little **** than I'd be.

And as someone on Twitter has pointed out:

Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 23.37.03.png

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Several posters on the Watford match day thread made the comment about it being one game, one performance. Defending the team that kept us up last season, that beat man utd at home last season.

People coming in and mocking those who were negative after the team was announced aren't only talking in hindsight because we won. This team was being defended last week, a long time before today's result.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Not wishing to sound like a smartarse, although I am, but a draw was the least I expected today. People seemed to remember that we didn't just beat Utd at home last season, we played very well against them twice at Old Trafford and should have got at least one draw up there. CH has got them worked out. Citeh and Liverpool not so much, but ManU definitely.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Not wishing to sound like a smartarse, although I am, but a draw was the least I expected today. People seemed to remember that we didn't just beat Utd at home last season, we played very well against them twice at Old Trafford and should have got at least one draw up there. CH has got them worked out. Citeh and Liverpool not so much, but ManU definitely.

That’s a good point

Smart arse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here