Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gus Poyet in “throws toys out of the pram” SHOCKER

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Smart move by Bordeaux? Piss off the manager so much that he flounces off and resigns. So much cheaper than paying him off..........

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm sorry, but would we be where we are without him?
He was just one small cog in a big wheel, but none-the-less, a very important piece that TB put together.
Yes he lost the plot etc at the end, but for a few good seasons he was up there with all our other heroes.

Jim Gannon would have got us promoted

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Smart move by Bordeaux? Piss off the manager so much that he flounces off and resigns. So much cheaper than paying him off..........

It'll go to Tribunal (or settlement), he knows how these things work (now)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Brighton fans getting all outraged at the behaviour of a previously highly successful manager that set us on the way to where we are now shocker. Who also hasnt been at the club for around 4 years now.

Sometimes you guys amaze me.

Nobody is getting 'outraged' are they? :shrug:

More just a collective :rolleyes: at Gus' repeated inability to avoid sabotaging his own career.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This.

I love NSC and thoroughly enjoy everyone’s opinions, but the ill feeling towards Poyet is really disappointing.

We all know he was a pillock at the end, but let’s remember the good, and be pleased with how things turned out in the end.

Ultimately (so far) we have proved to be his ceiling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill feeling towards pillocks is what football fans do best. I can't even remember why we don't like Scott Mcgleish. Laughing at players who thought they were Pele and turned out to be Mark Farrington or in Poyet's case a manager who thought he was Ferguson but was actually a foreign Graeme Souness is part of the job description of being a fan.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

More just a collective :rolleyes: at Gus' repeated inability to avoid sabotaging his own career.

Which as you say is hardly news, or warrants yet another 'ceiling' post.

Or a post moaning about ceiling posts. :lol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Brighton fans getting all outraged at the behaviour of a previously highly successful manager that set us on the way to where we are now shocker. Who also hasnt been at the club for around 4 years now.

Sometimes you guys amaze me.

Outraged? No it is just entertaining to follow really.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

No not outraged...but I can see where the poster is coming from along with a few other replies ..but I'm more in agreement with Easys post ..its the same stuff that comes out after anything GP has done that is deemed a hissy fit

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was a big Gus fan and I wish it had worked out better at the end than it did because he did turn our club around.

However he is now acting like the bloke that pulled a worldy when he was 18 and thought that was how life was so dumped her to pull another one, only to find that didn't last because he ins't all that after all. A spiral of new lovers come and go, each one slightly less good than the last, leaving him a sad old bachelor in his mid 50s thinking what might have been.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Looks like sacking is confirmed. Good work, Gus. ****.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was a big Gus fan and I wish it had worked out better at the end than it did because he did turn our club around.

However he is now acting like the bloke that pulled a worldy when he was 18 and thought that was how life was so dumped her to pull another one, only to find that didn't last because he ins't all that after all. A spiral of new lovers come and go, each one slightly less good than the last, leaving him a sad old bachelor in his mid 50s thinking what might have been.

Strange analogy seeing as he had a very successful playing career. He's also still happily married to his wife, so that doesn't work either.

He's not cut out to be a manager, but not many ex players are.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I don't understand a word.. but you can tell he's angry. :D

It's also being reported on Twitter that the Bordeaux players are refusing to train after Gus's sacking today.

[tweet]1030199717530099712[/tweet]

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003

I liked Gus, I met him at Lancing during a reserve match and shook his hand. I was like a School Kid that day, I loved the football we played, even though with hindsight it was a bit 'sideways'.
I don't believe he turned the club around though, that was Mr Bloom. If Gus hadn't of taken the job, I have no doubt we would still be where we are today, in fact, I think we would have been here sooner.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Strange analogy seeing as he had a very successful playing career. He's also still happily married to his wife, so that doesn't work either.

:) I think you've missed the point of the analogy then!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

By getting a team of Championship and occasional Premier League players to win League One. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I think [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]'s point is he was actually a successful manager with a decent up and coming club, a club more than happy to maintain the relationship, and he flounced off, imagining the breasts were bigger and bouncier elsewhere (to maintain the analogy). (OK he was sacked, but he we effectively caught coming out of another woman's house, zipping himself up, and proclaiming his marriage had reached a glass ceiling).

Anyway.....

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Exactly. It's the same reaction as when Leon Knight fell out with a new club.

Let's be honest, it's not totally beyond the bounds of possibility that he could still be here now if he hadn't have been such a tool and got us promoted in the next couple of seasons.

Anyway, what is the French for "If we have hit the ceiling then I'm off?"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How many chairmen has he fallen out with now ?

Seems like it is at least 3 for sure - at Albion, Athens and now Bordeaux.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
:) I think you've missed the point of the analogy then!

I think [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION]'s point is he was actually a successful manager with a decent up and coming club, a club more than happy to maintain the relationship, and he flounced off, imagining the breasts were bigger and bouncier elsewhere (to maintain the analogy). (OK he was sacked, but he we effectively caught coming out of another woman's house, zipping himself up, and proclaiming his marriage had reached a glass ceiling).

Anyway.....

Yes, but using 18 in the analogy renders it pointless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here