Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Inspirational Women

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What a disgusting thread some people (I am guessing all men) are trying to turn this in to. Not only rude, but patronizing, ignorant and incredibly narrow minded. I am always proud to say I support Brighton and am from the local area given how liberal I thought the majority of us were. Threads like this prove that some (not all) Brighton fans are just as bad as all the other neanderthaloic fans of other clubs that we like to ridicule.

I know the word "banter" will be thrown about, but we all know the things said on this thread aren't acceptable. If this was Black Awareness Day or Remembrance Sunday, nothing of this nature would be said.

From reading this, people will probably think I am some extreme "bra burning" feminist, but I am not. I am a 24 year old guy that just thinks on a day such as International Woman's Day, we could all try and be slightly less immature and respect the day for what it is and why we have it.

Any views on this would be interesting!

Jack

Some backward think types on here I'm afraid, anyone who disagrees is branded a snowflake

I've said it before on another thread, and no doubt I will say it again, but...... "proud to be a Snowflake!"..... And I'm 40 years older than Jack.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Katie Hopkins, speaks as she sees, no matter what others may think.

There have been some pretty horrendous people who 'speak as they see' and have little (or no) regard for what others think. It's not a badge of honour and certainly doesn't make you immune from criticism, particularly if you spout the sort of self obsessed, vile and cheap rhetoric Katie Hopkins does repetitively in a desperate attempt to keep herself relevant.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
19 year old Millie Knight from Canterbury. She went blind aged 5, has just 5% vision which is very blurry. She crashed at 70mph skiing last year, ripping her face open, but is in the Paralympics this week, doing the slalom races. She has a guide, but they are not tethered. She just listens for instructions from him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/skiing_blind_crashing_at_70mph

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
You admire a publicity craving media hoare ? She was in it for herself not the public good. Now name the hairdresser that also won the legal action !

Anyway, for me the young lady that was shot by the Taliban for going to school - shamefully I can't remember her name.

Malala Yousafzai.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm gonna throw Mary Pickford into the mix. Co-founder of two film studios including United Artists. Genuinely helped revolutionise the film industry and put performers, especially women at the forefront of Hollywood.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Echo that. This is a depressing thread.@ added above for heads up.

Here is a list. It is worthless....

Marie Curie
Martina Navratilova
Serena Williams
Venus Williams
Ingrid Bergman
Grace Jones
Siouxsie Sioux
Marianne Joan Elliott-Said (Poly Styrene)
Paula Radcliffe
Alice Roberts
Dianne Mitford (and her lovely sisters)

Actually this is so silly. Mrst T and I are struggling with the silliness of naming inspirational men. (Geoff Boycott, Oswald Mosely?)

Not sure what ths means. Frankly.

Well I've gained something from this thread, thanks to [MENTION=33872]highflyer[/MENTION] I now know who Saffiyah Khan is and what an interesting young woman she is

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Mrs Thatcher. What a wonderful inspirational Woman. Gave the Miners a good kicking.

thatcher baton.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Actually, that old witch Sunday School teacher somebody posted about on here who seduced one of her charges inspired me to advise my Brother against sending his child to Sunday School, so there is that I suppose.
Haven't read the entire thread but I'm surprised you haven't mentioned St. Margaret.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here