Stephens 8 (MOTM)
Izquierdo 7
Gross 7
Murray 7

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan - 7 a good save at a vital time and could do nothing about the goals. Collected a lot of high balls very well.
Bruno - 5 a poor game where Stoke tactically outmanoeuvred him very comfortably. And what was he doing for their second goal?
Dunk - 6 not his best game but provided a brilliant block after Propper's first mistake. I thought people were being harsh on him for the goal; he was in the right position and got done by an excellent ball and an even better first touch.
Duffy - 5 poor. Won very little in the air, despite their numerous corners and crosses. Lost out for the second goal and totally misjudged the situation for the first where he was trying to play offside rather than reading the play and covering in behind Dunk as he should've been.
Bong - 6 decent defensively, poor going forward.
Knockaert - 4 I'm worried. Was poor defensively and offered very little going forward. Hopefully it's just a blip at the moment.
Stephens - 8 mixed some sublime with the odd bit of poor play, but I thought he was excellent overall.
Propper - 7.5 his two big mistakes aside which should've cost us goals, I thought he was very good. Set up the first goal with an excellent run and was willing to drive at them throughout. Some excellent slide rule balls through as well.
Izquierdo - 7 an increased mark for the goal, but he was very frustrating and showed his naivety at times. Considering the amount of space he was afforded, he really should've contributed more.
Gross - 7 a good all round display in his dual role and got another goal. Some excellent deliveries too.
Murray - 8 up there with Stephens as MOTM. Held the ball up very well, looked motivated, closed down and sacrificed his own game for the team up against three CBs. Very impressive.

Scheletto - 6 some good moments
Brown - 7 I thought he looked very bright, both defensively and in his attacking play.
March - 6 a better starter than sub (for me Jeff). Never really got a chance to go at them.

Lazy option for me, but pretty much as I saw it except maybe a bit harsh on Jose. I don't think we gave him the ball enough. Before he got subbed he kept going infield looking for it - not sure whether that was tactical or he just wandered but we lost a lot of width as a result - better again when Solly came on.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Ryan 7 - decent. Kept us in the game with a good save just after half time
Bruno 5 - WTF was he doing for the second goal? Oh yes - what he ALWAYS does at set pieces. FFS Bruno - look at the ****ing BALL, not the man.
Dunk 6 - below his usual standards
Duffy 6 - same
Bong 6 - solid enough
Knockaert 6 - worked hard. No real threat
Stephens 8 MOTM - (9 first half, 7 second half)
Pröpper 7.5 - proper class
José . 6 - got the pace and skills. Decision making is all over the place. Wasted some BIG opportunities.
Groß 7 - tireless. Scored. What more can you ask?
Murray 6 - great at what he does. Won a pen. Lost the plot and should have been sent off, ending any chance of a decent result
March 7 - want to see more of Solly
Schelotto 6 - encouraging cameo
Brown 6.5 - more desire to pout his foot in than previously. Encouraging

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Bruno 5 - WTF was he doing for the second goal? Oh yes - what he ALWAYS does at set pieces. FFS Bruno - look at the ****ing BALL, not the man.
Duffy 6 - same
Bong 6 - solid enough
José . 6 - got the pace and skills. Decision making is all over the place. Wasted some BIG opportunities.
Murray 6 - great at what he does. Won a pen. Lost the plot and should have been sent off, ending any chance of a decent result

Ist class ratings IMO,I especially agree with your comments about Brown,i have worried that he has believed his own importance ,yet producing nothing of substance ,last night ....a glimpse ........

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Lazy option for me, but pretty much as I saw it except maybe a bit harsh on Jose. I don't think we gave him the ball enough. Before he got subbed he kept going infield looking for it - not sure whether that was tactical or he just wandered but we lost a lot of width as a result - better again when Solly came on.

Would agree in the main with Exile and D6666 above re Jose. My problem with Bong is that he doesn't get the ball to Jose anywhere near quick enough. Not sure he even passed to him once in the first half other than perhaps a short 4 or 5 yard pass!!! Probably adds to Jose's frustration!.

As for Bruno. Cost us 2pts against Everton with his defending at a corner and again gave Stoke the upper hand at half time again from not defending the corner!!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Duffy 6 - same
Bong 6 - solid enough

Spot on for me.Stiletto looks like he might be another raw diamond.The Stoke players all looked like they had been in a boxing gym-bunch of thugs.Think they must have scared that useless referee!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here