Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Anyone venturing out to the Regis 10 on sunday? I may give it a go. And slightly off running topic but when ARE we going to know of any match ko in January being moved? I'm sweating on the Chelsea match as have a race near Rochester in the morning and won't make it for a ko earlier than 15:00 (and that would still be pushing it).

Haven't entered and probably won't, although I am very tempted. I've entered quite a few races this year and don't want to overdo it so it becomes the norm rather than an event to look forward to.

Good luck if you run it and would welcome your race report as one to look out for next year.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Anyone venturing out to the Regis 10 on sunday? I may give it a go. And slightly off running topic but when ARE we going to know of any match ko in January being moved? I'm sweating on the Chelsea match as have a race near Rochester in the morning and won't make it for a ko earlier than 15:00 (and that would still be pushing it).

I should be there - will be an early start for me as its an 8.30am race start - I like early runs but this is a bit early! Had not realised that this is the first time it has been run. Got my race number in the post yesterday.

I was going to do the Mine Pie run but looks like its too late now!

D

Deleted member 2719

Anyone got any advice on a mid range running watch, the good ones and the ones to avoid please.

tumblr_nbpd0iZMEK1tgwsqzo1_250.gif

D

Deleted member 2719

Not sure what you consider midrange, but I've just got a Garmin Forerunner 235 (as recommended by Bozza and several others!) and I'm very impressed. Half the weight of my old 910xt and usuable all day as a proper watch.

That was the same one i was looking at, do you mind me asking how many times you have used it? How much was it? where did you buy it?

And will i run faster!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Not sure what you consider midrange, but I've just got a Garmin Forerunner 235 (as recommended by Bozza and several others!) and I'm very impressed. Half the weight of my old 910xt and usuable all day as a proper watch.

I've also just bought a Forerunner 235. I ruddy LOVE it. The GPS is impressively accurate in built up areas and I've been playing around with different displays when running. If you're doing a race you can have a display which shows your estimated finishing time based on your current pace. The battery lasts ages too.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I was worried about the size of figures on the 35 is you eyesight good while running or does the white on black read well?

Contact lenses in and I need reading glasses. Prescription glasses on and I can't see close up. No lenses and no glasses and I can see close up.
I can read the screen when running without needing reading glasses, to take glasses off or removing contact lenses. So it must be easy to see......

D

Deleted member 2719

Contact lenses in and I need reading glasses. Prescription glasses on and I can't see close up. No lenses and no glasses and I can see close up.
I can read the screen when running without needing reading glasses, to take glasses off or removing contact lenses. So it must be easy to see......

Thanks, sounds like it's in the running then! there are far to many choices!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Suunto Ambit 3 peak......30 hour+ battery life for those longer races [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]Suunto seem to be much more useable than garmin (I’ve had 5 garmins)

D

Deleted member 2719

Suunto Ambit 3 peak......30 hour+ battery life for those longer races [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]Suunto seem to be much more useable than garmin (I’ve had 5 garmins)

I did look at them but did not recognise the brand, are they are main player?

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Looking for a decent set of Bluetooth in ear headphones for running. Any recommendations?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Looking for a decent set of Bluetooth in ear headphones for running. Any recommendations?

I've got Plantronics Backbeat Fit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-BackBeat-Mobile-Bluetooth-Headphone-Power-Blue/dp/B01MQ1OLVQ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1509739831&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=plantronics&psc=1

They're great for running because they don't block out all the background sound, allowing you to hear traffic etc. They also don't bang against your neck and there's no wire to get caught up. The sound quality is decent too.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Suunto could help one Finnish quicker. Big name in mountaineering for years. Would have considered one myself but battery life not an issue for someone who thinks 5k is a long run. Now I know the top two NSC Ultras have one there must be something to them.

Does it link easily to Strava?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here