Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
Just get this :

3150a481fd727811a533e5dd9ead21db.jpg

I am getting exactly the same

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Just got back from the match , enjoyed it , but biggest issue is no centre forward , just like the first team ,
Rovers had a big , mobile centre forward , who was very useful ,
I can’t understand why the club can’t find a decent target an at any level
Signing the Blackburn centre forward would definitely improve the under 23 team
He created so many chances compared to our powder puff forward line

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Was an excellent game, would recomened people watch the highlights. I feel for people who couldnt watch it.

I get annnoyed the club dont push attendence and the live feed more.

George Cox was excellent on that wing especially when they put Jo Nuttal a giant up against him. My friends boys first Albion game and he got a photo with Anthony Knockhaert which has made his night. he also thought we should have won 5-3 and that Nuttal should have got a hatrick.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Just got back from the match , enjoyed it , but biggest issue is no centre forward , just like the first team ,
Rovers had a big , mobile centre forward , who was very useful ,
I can’t understand why the club can’t find a decent target an at any level
Signing the Blackburn centre forward would definitely improve the under 23 team
He created so many chances compared to our powder puff forward line

If he was two footed he would have scored 4 easily. Reminded me of Robson Kanu at this level when he used to play for Reading U23's.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Glad I didn't renew my SeagullsTV subscription when it expired last month. Will wait until I hear better reports

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was an excellent game, would recomened people watch the highlights. I feel for people who couldnt watch it.

I get annnoyed the club dont push attendence and the live feed more.

George Cox was excellent on that wing especially when they put Jo Nuttal a giant up against him. My friends boys first Albion game and he got a photo with Anthony Knockhaert which has made his night. he also thought we should have won 5-3 and that Nuttal should have got a hatrick.

Ah funnily enough from what you've written I was sat next to your lot (blue hat) - the young lad had me smiling with some of his lines - good on him!

I was impressed with Steve Alzate (our 10) who reminded me of a Texiera type player - technically gifted and neat on the ball. Tilley was good as always and George Cox put in some great crosses. Skalak grew into the game but did little, Baldock was quiet but reminded us of what we're missing with his runs round the back and Kayal, although clearly not up to speed, looked his usual dominant self. Connolly and Sanders looks like they could be useful too.

I have to say Blackburn's forward Nuttal was very, very good. I just looked and he's Man C academy and has 10 in 7 for their u23s - how he's not getting a game at league 1 level I'll never know - will keep an eye on him, although he does need a left foot.

Another highlight was noticing [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] in the posh seats and who was sat in front of him, given the funny twitter exchanges over the years with this particular reporter :lol:

Also, not sure Rusk was there so was great to see Liam stepping into a management role and getting involved. The man is another Calde and deserves that status along with Bruno - must be an older generation right back thing. He will have a career in football once he stops playing, I'm sure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Another highlight was noticing [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] in the posh seats and who was sat in front of him, given the funny twitter exchanges over the years with this particular reporter :lol:

True to form, I actually missed 2 of the 4 goals.

[tweet]919989550646165505[/tweet]

My highlight was Anthony Knockaert walking up and having a quick word with the person I was sitting with and then looking at me, giving me a big smile, asking how I was and shaking my hand. He doesn't know me and has never met me before. What a lovely man.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
True to form, I actually missed 2 of the 4 goals.

[tweet]919989550646165505[/tweet]

My highlight was Anthony Knockaert walking up and having a quick word with the person I was sitting with and then looking at me, giving me a big smile, asking how I was and shaking my hand. He doesn't know me and has never met me before. What a lovely man.

I did notice he was sat right behind you too actually. Your mate is a decent bloke too when I've met him tbf - even came to a SOB meeting once or twice.

I think Knockaert was the only first teamer watching in the stands - wasn't there a thread yesterday about him not being a team player...?!

WHat did you make of Alzate? Only just turned 19 & played at league 2 level - could be a player in my opinion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Their centre forward Nuttal was the best player on the pitch. He was a constant threat.

Agreed. With his physique and slightly languid style he reminded me a little bit of a young, raw Zamora. As [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] said though, absolutely no left foot whatsoever, he was constantly coming onto his right. He had several decent chances that went begging due to that, but overall he looks a really decent prospect, and at L1 level he could be more than useful.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here