Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being picky...what little things would you change at The Amex?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Yep never going to happen but that would be great wouldn't it......capacity increased to a about 38k would be plenty and it would look magnifico

TB made very clear at the Bristol FF that the capacity will not be increased by more than a few hundred due to a bit of tinkering here and there. His reasoning was that other clubs have responded to promotion by increasing capacity, then get relegated and have half or more of the stadium empty as a consequence.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Pre-poured pints lined up

Also I learnt from many games at Twickenham that the real way to make queues quicker are to charge £5 a pint. If I'm already paying £4.30 or whatever it is then I don't mind paying £5 and the queues are SO quick with the pre-poured pints.

Now, not many people would share that view that they are not fussed about their change coming back so I would propose a charity pot system where you can say to the person on the till "keep the change" and it is automatically logged that they kept the fiver. At the end of the day they will transfer all sum total of the exesss 60ps to the charity account.

I reckon quite a lot of people would just tell the staff to keep the change, the queues would speed up and the charities would do well.

You can tell I've never worked behind a till before :lolol:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Very much agree with the idea of putting up some train information boards. Maybe for the Brighton and Hove buses too. When I catch public transport from games I will pick and choose whatever way's quickest, and having access to that info easily would be really helpful.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Very much agree with the idea of putting up some train information boards. Maybe for the Brighton and Hove buses too. When I catch public transport from games I will pick and choose whatever way's quickest, and having access to that info easily would be really helpful.

Don't they have train boards in the west lower?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Calm down? It's not like my eyes are bulging! [emoji38]

Ok, in the spirit of minor tweaks, how about a block of 20 seats in the north reserved for walk up trade that cost 15p a ticket and have no cctv coverage so that Return Of the Rev and PPF can feel welcome?

seats?????????

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I'd physically remove people from the concourse with 3 minutes to go before the start of the second half. In 1901 I'd take their tickets away if they didn't return on time. IT'S NOT THAT DIFFICULT TO GET BACK IN TIME. Maybe a yellow card first, then a red card if they did it again.

I'd remove all stewards from the University car parks. What exactly do most of them do?

I'd speak to Sussex Uni and get them to stop blocking the back entrance at the top Uni car park. Ever since they have done this it has taken a lot longer to get out.

I wouldn't play GOSBTS for the second half.

I'd get a new costume for Gully, a more macho one.

I'd ditch the other two, whatever they are called.

I'd bring back Gullys Girls.

And I'd clean the roofs, which look a murky green like the Brazil olympics diving pool rather than the sparkling lovely blue they used to be.

However if none of the above happened I'd still be completely over the moon about the place. But you did ask!

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
So what do they do in the East Upper where they have wheelchair disabled?

Suspect they have a safe zone with the appropriate fire resistant precautions where wheelchair bound people can be taken until the fire brigade arrive and evacute them (we have this at work ive seen how it works)

Last edited:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
More toilet cubicles (to allow choice and a chance to avoid standing in puddles of wee at half time - do people actually pee all over the floor on purpose?!).

Fish & chips on sale inside.

As someone suggested on another thread - a second set of stairs to the coach park.

Erm, that'll do for now.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Cost also comes into the equation, as we do have the cheapest seats that can be purchased away from the North stand. I could not also stand that long if I had to go there.

Despite what a lot of Nsc says, not everybody in the North stand actually stands. If you get seats in N1G or N1F (nearer the east stand) you will be able to sit throughout the game and see everything.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here