Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What the hell does Quintana have on his feet? Are those calf high pink overshoes with white zips up the back? They certainly are a statement!

He's certainly embraced the wearing of pink :lol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
He's certainly embraced the wearing of pink :lol:

Indeed, matching shorts is ok so long as it isn't Rolland's polka dot shorts from the Tour last year. Matching helmet, just about allowable. Matching gloves a bit far, imo but those overshoes are criminal. What a shame.

Superb from Henao, what a ride for someone so young.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yep, Henao superb. Aru just takes it to another level though! Put nearly a minute into Pozzo at the 2nd split :eek:

Edit: Now Rolland beats Pozzo at the second split. And I thought Pozzo was going well :down:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think it's bye bye to my Majka and Pozzo pre race GC podium bets, all thanks to Aru. Looks to me like he's cementing the third podium spot behind Uran here.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think it's bye bye to my Majka and Pozzo pre race GC podium bets, all thanks to Aru. Looks to me like he's cementing the third podium spot behind Uran here.

I wonder what you would have got for Aru before it started? Someone will be quids in somewhere.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Did Cadel sit down once since he started climbing? Not too bad from the old fella though.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So Aru now catching Majka - that's his 3 minute man!

Insane!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wonder what you would have got for Aru before it started? Someone will be quids in somewhere.

No idea. Was there for Scarponi initially, so would have been pretty big.

This is a mental performance! :nono:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Oh dear! Ryder overtaken by Pozzo!

And... Majka by Aru!

In Ryders defence, he had a mechanical. Although he was always going to struggle to do anything here anyway.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Forgive me if this sounds like sour grapes, but...

...I'm struggling to be excited by this Aru performance. He hasn't just hung in there and put in a solid performance on the stage to hang onto a podium spot - he's gone and smashed it!

Considering his age and past results???

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As some sort of balance...

... Pozzo and Majka even beaten by Rolland, so they have seriously under achieved today anyway.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
As some sort of balance...

... Pozzo and Majka even beaten by Rolland, so they have seriously under achieved today anyway.

Yep, Majka has just blown up the last two days I think. Pozzo has to do better than that really. Aru beaten by Quintana by about the same margin as in the previous TT, so perhaps his performance is not so extraordinary.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yep, Majka has just blown up the last two days I think. Pozzo has to do better than that really. Aru beaten by Quintana by about the same margin as in the previous TT, so perhaps his performance is not so extraordinary.

Good sum up. Probably the voice of reason there.

Pozzo and Majka have both had health problems. Rolland is probably the best yardstick in all this for me. For him to beat both definitely suggests the pair of them are suffering now.

Not sure what to say about Aru at this point really. Probably best I go away and think about that one before I start jumping to conclusions in the heat of the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What the hell does Quintana have on his feet? Are those calf high pink overshoes with white zips up the back? They certainly are a statement!

At least he doesn't have to buy a separate outfit for Pride.

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
I know fantasy cycling is all very yesterday's news for the committed geek, but I am very much enjoying my first proper stab at it. What's the best geek grand tour result thus far, cos I've just slunk into 7th place in the Giro?

Although by crowing about it, I've now inevitably put the kibosh on it.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I know fantasy cycling is all very yesterday's news for the committed geek, but I am very much enjoying my first proper stab at it. What's the best geek grand tour result thus far, cos I've just slunk into 7th place in the Giro?

Although by crowing about it, I've now inevitably put the kibosh on it.

I'm sure it was 1066 in last year's giro but I don't know if he was that high. He may have been 1st non-premium.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] and I are doing King of the Downs, one of Evans' sportives, and an absolute beast - I've done it before, two years ago - on Sunday (although Hamilton is threatening to bale out half way round...) Anyone else taking part? [MENTION=5362]manintheblackpajamas[/MENTION] ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here