Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed- Nowhere near Championship standard

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Did you go Saturday? Wilson and Baldock were clueless, Hemed completely changed the game, Wilson suddenly started to be involved, Hemed caused more problems in 5 minutes than the others had in 50 odd before him. He was outstanding. I really can't see why after scoring regularly he had been dropped. Certainly sent the right message to the manager.

To have a rest ....we cant have him tiring now

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This whole thread is nonsense. This is his first season in England and he's on 13 goals and will probably top 15 by the end of the season. Pretty decent if you ask me...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This whole thread is nonsense. This is his first season in England and he's on 13 goals and will probably top 15 by the end of the season. Pretty decent if you ask me...

It's football a game of opinions....you just got to give yours and let others have there little rant ...oh and I agree with you, he is pretty decent :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well spooted! :)

Feel like the French policeman from 'Allo 'Allo (ask your Mum).
Watched a bit of 'Allo 'Allo while getting ready this morning. My sense of humour hasn't matured.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
The OP was probably right at one point in season. However Hemed has proved us all wrong. Some of his touches, finishing. I've been very pleasantly surprised to see the improvement

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpeg

'Are you talking about me?'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Leo scored 14 in the season, so Tomer only has to score one more to equalise it, & he cost half the price.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The OP was probably right at one point in season.
He wasn't. If he had said 'I don't think Hemed is playing well, and not sure he'll make it in the Championship, then fine. But he said "Hemed- Nowhere near Championship standard". That's just wrong. It was never correct.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The OP was probably right at one point in season. However Hemed has proved us all wrong. Some of his touches, finishing. I've been very pleasantly surprised to see the improvement

Many people, wrote him off before he even kicked a ball, I - like many others - thought he'd do well at this level.

I'm sure we're all pleased that he has proved the critics wrong.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
He wasn't. If he had said 'I don't think Hemed is playing well, and not sure he'll make it in the Championship, then fine. But he said "Hemed- Nowhere near Championship standard". That's just wrong. It was never correct.

He did look off the pace a few months ago, almost a bit innocuous in games at times but his form has dramatically improved. I always say confidence is everything in sport. He's found his feet and I don't think there will be any stopping him now.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

But yeah you're right, he was never so bad that he's not good enough for the Championship. I'm just really pleased that he does look a really good buy now

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A few pages ago someone said he looks overweight? :lolol: :stupid:
Overweight conjures up an image of...well me!

But in that photo he does look 'heavy', which is ideal for his no nonsense approach to football.

I remember being stuck by how much weight Leicester got the clearly not overweight Ulloa to lose.
By comparison to 'our' Leo, Leicester Leo looked at best gaunt, at worst just plain ill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here