Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we missed Lua lua?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] makes a good point about Hemed. In my opinion Hemed's goalscoring has been effected by Lua Lua's absence. Kaz is such a handful it always drags at least one defender over to cover, freeing up crucial space in the six yard box for Hemed to get his head/boot in front of the last defender. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lua Lua's return results in a couple of notches for Hemed. They work together really well.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
He's been sorely missed! I do wish he'd keep the back flips down when he returns, I can hear the hamstrings ping from the north stand.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Very much so yes.

Initial prognosis was a simple strain when he got injured so it's been a big shame to see it dragged out to something longer.

Hopefully he can find a similar understanding with whoever occupies LB position more permanently in Bong's absence as this will be key.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Won 8 pts almost on his own from a more central position.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It hasn't helped that Murphy hasn't had a decent run in the side as well as having Lualua out.

I look forward to seeing them both starting on either flank

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
[MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] makes a good point about Hemed. In my opinion Hemed's goalscoring has been effected by Lua Lua's absence. Kaz is such a handful it always drags at least one defender over to cover, freeing up crucial space in the six yard box for Hemed to get his head/boot in front of the last defender. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lua Lua's return results in a couple of notches for Hemed. They work together really well.

This is very true. I have noticed Murphy tends to cut in from the left onto his right predominantly and although he is quite dangerous from this position (well...it depends if you define 2 goals and assists as quite dangerous); however, it congests the penalty area more, meaning that Baldock resolves to moving out wide (reminiscent of last season), while Hemed normally only receives the ball with his back to goal. There is no surprise that our points and goals per game ratio have a high correlation with LuaLua in the team: in 60% of Hemed's goals, Kazenga has been involved in at least the last two passes/crosses, and has also won a penalty for Tomer too - in which he converted in front of 4000 Brighon fans in one of the best games for us this season.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
FRANCIS-e1364332188482.jpg

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
massively

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
What the best winger at the club, the injection of pace and the goal scoring - have we missed that? Nah

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'm torn!

I absolutely love the showman in Kaz. But with his injury history, sadly I think it is time for the manager to lay the law down and ban the backflips. It's just not worth the risk when he is such an integral part of the team.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'm torn!

I absolutely love the showman in Kaz. But with his injury history, sadly I think it is time for the manager to lay the law down and ban the backflips. It's just not worth the risk when he is such an integral part of the team.

I think Poyet tried this resulting in Kaz throwing a world-class hissy fit.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was thinking about this recently. I seem to remember several of our previous managers being criticised for not playing him every week, and some praise for Hughton playing him regularly. Are we now seeing the repurcussions? Is it better to sit him out of every other game, or use him to get some momentum, then lose him for a longer period? I personally don't think it's that easy to say which is right and think it's unfair to criticise any manager for their handling of Lualua.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here