Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup Quarter Final Draw - At least its not on the One Show

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Scholes: "We might as well fast forward to the semis now." Arrogant Man United prick.

This should be printed out on large paper and pinned to the players notice board.
Wasn't fussed till I read this, but now I'm fired up, condescending prat, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'm quite pleased that players such as Goldson, Hunemeier, Kayal and others who didn't play in the league game will get to play there. We can exit the cup in a game we're expected to lose anyway and concentrate on the league. Plus our cut of the gate receipts will be decent.

And you seriously think that Chris is going to pick these players for this tie do you.???

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Big TV revenue and ticket sales, expect pushing the replay of 1983 final aspect will get plenty of mentions.
We will have a go, our cup final etc. but stand to make a decent amount financially.
Wonder how much a tie like this will generate ?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We are due a bit of luck and the opportunity to get a result against one of the big boys.

Chris can mastermind an upset here.

Probably.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Big TV revenue and ticket sales, expect pushing the replay of 1983 final aspect will get plenty of mentions.
We will have a go, our cup final etc. but stand to make a decent amount financially.

Depends how much they rip us off with ticket prices. What did Derby pay, £45???

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
You seriously think he should risk our best 11, when staying up in the PL is everything? (PB stated that staying up in the PL is everything).
There's a two week break after the cup game so I wouldn't be surprised to see a close to full strength side

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes, word for word.

Nope. He absolutely meant it.

He then tracked back a bit to say Leicester might give Chelsea a game, but the other 3 are all going through.
This. I watched that whole segment and Scholes doesn't 'do' tongue in cheek. Intelligent bloke, great player, but not much in terms of charisma, personality or on-screen 'banter'.

I reckon there is an upset oin the cards in one of the four ties. Why not be the Albion??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Man Utd average around £3.5 million per game in gate receipts for Premier League games. Likely to be near capacity (do Man Utd still enforce that rule that season ticket holders have to buy cup tickets or they are effectively banned from the next game?) possibly reduced ticket prices should lower that, but I don’t think they will reduce them that much. We get 45% after match costs are deducted, so should still bring in about a million if we are lucky. TV money is nearly quarter million for the Quarter Finals. So approx £1.25 million not that much really in today’s Premier League terms. There is also £360,000 in prize money for the winners of the game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This should be printed out on large paper and pinned to the players notice board.
Wasn't fussed till I read this, but now I'm fired up, condescending prat, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

Yep, it won't do any harm to our motivation as a club but - f*ck - they can't help themselves, Scholes is so thick he does realise most of the viewers s watching hate the big clubs, indeed it's why TV goes big on the FA Cup because of David and Goliath and he kills the romance stone dead.

I bet Scholes didn't get his wife a Valentine's card either.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Man Utd fans over the moon with the draw, "the perfect tie", etc etc. The same sentiments when we got Coventry.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/emirates-fa-cup-qf-draw-united-draw-brighton-hove-albion-h.436669/page-2

Already planning their semi trip to Wembley.

I guess now their glory years of winning Premier League titles and Champions League trophies under Fergie are but a distant memory, they have to start valuing the little old FA Cup again (at least, the ones who don't now support City anyway).

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
A week after Everton and 2 weeks before next PL match. The reserve players have done well in early rounds but time to put the first team out and have a go if you ask me.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
scholes.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yep, it won't do any harm to our motivation as a club but - f*ck - they can't help themselves, Scholes is so thick he does realise most of the viewers s watching hate the big clubs, indeed it's why TV goes big on the FA Cup because of David and Goliath and he kills the romance stone dead.

I bet Scholes didn't get his wife a Valentine's card either.
Paul Scholes is married?!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Nice to see Jimmy McNulty playing for Rochdale v Spurs in the cup today.
Cultured player whose progress was halted by a horrible on-pitch kidney injury when playing with us.
Remember standing next to his dad many a time on the terraces. Lovely bloke. Glad to see his son still making him proud.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nice to see Jimmy McNulty playing for Rochdale v Spurs in the cup today.
Cultured player whose progress was halted by a horrible on-pitch kidney injury when playing with us.
Remember standing next to his dad many a time on the terraces. Lovely bloke. Glad to see his son still making him proud.

I didnt realize that it was the same player but as you say it is and good to see him still playing.in the FL.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here