Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A draw not good enough?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Whatever we WANT, you know that Chrissy mad dog Hughton is going to try to create one goalscoring opportunity, if that does or doesn't work out we will then park the bus for the remainder of the game. There is NO WAY we'll be the same attacking outfit we were against West Ham. No way.

Maybank Holiday

Sep 25, 2017
Consensus seems to be that 4 points from Stoke and Swansea would be good and I agree. But most are assuming a draw tomorrow followed by beating Swansea - certainly not a given based on Swansea's current form. They looked impressive against Notts Co - only a 4th tier side, admittedly, but near the top of that division, and 8-1 against anyone is a stunning result. They'll be full of confidence - as should we be after the West Ham game. So let's build on that. I reckon a win at Stoke and a draw v Swansea is the more likely scenario. Either way, 4 points is excellent. 6 and we're a long way down the road to safety.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Favourites perhaps as they are at home, not convinced they should be strong favourites though, given according to the league table we are the better team so far this season.

In freezing rain in front of their biggest attendance of the season, a bunch of southern softies like us will have performed a miracle if we escape with anything other than a drubbing. Or that's the way everyone will see it. So yes, a point will be good result. 28 points and Stoke still three points behind us.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Going up there to pinch all 3 points with Locadia scoring a stunning winner in the last few minutes on his debut after coming off the subs bench, the game looked like ending 1-1 up to that point. :albion2:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Any score that results in us maintaining or increasing the gap between us & the bottom 3 will be a good result.
One thing that I did discover this week is that with 12 games remaining every team apart from 2 have 6 (h) & 6 (a)
Southampton only have 5 (h) but West Ham have 7 (h).
Just something worth thinking about.I think they reversed their fixture at the start of the season when the London stadium wasn’t ready after the world athletics championships.They play each other on 31/3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well, happy?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Very good point, because basically we denied someone below us 3.

Have to back it up with a win in 2 weeks time though.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The Law is DON'T LOSE to the teams you're competing with.

We DO need to beat Swansea though.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Should've put it to bed in the first half but in the end a draw was a lucky result

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The betting markets look favourable on us:
8607530D-7486-4DC1-9843-199A7D124889.png

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills