Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
It's mostly a responsible response imo.

They were always going to open ESU before WSU.

I guess the club might look a bit daft/conservative if they sell 4,000 ESU tickets really quickly. (They probably won't)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
1986 the Saints QF, Paul.

At least we know they will open the ESU when tickets are all but sold.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes, this seems an important choice of words. I reckon ESU will be open sooner rather than later.

The waiters will be justified.

If the club are reading this then hopefully they will appreciate that a turn of sentiment towards "they will open ESU - it is now just a matter of when" is going to slow sales of the last few dregs in the lower bowl even further.

Get the ESU open and start flogging those tickets...!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Presuming that the decision is based on the East Upper being at the same level as the 1901, so 'level 2' would be full before opening WSU, which is higher.
Also, the TV cameras face ESU, so may look better for the highlights?

First point is a fair one that I hadn’t considered.

Second point. Football is now at a point where fan decisions are based on what it looks like on telly. Modern football is Shit.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
So to summarise it is all down to those who could not be bothered with the 3rd round game where all the stadium was open but only 15000 sold?

I think it was down to those that set ticket prices for the palace game.
People don't want to pay full price in a competition where nearly all clubs are going to make so many first team changes.

It isn't though. In their view, they are selling tickets and they've responded with reasons why they are doing it this way.

Anyway you hardly ever go so why do you care?

So the extra 15,000 that turned up since Withdean or the 25,000 since Gillingham are all allowed to pick and choose when they are going to be Albion regulars but I'm not allowed. Sheep???

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Jesus, what a pathetic decision, that gets worse as every hour passes. As it stands right now it definitely is "ALL BUT SOLD OUT" Mr Barber so why not open the upper east right now for gods sake?

Whereas what the club are currently doing instead is shoe horning a few poor uninformed sods into the last remaining shitty lower tiers seats and then the day after will be opening the huge 'wonderfullly appointed with magnificent views east upper, just to rub it in their faces !!!

Theyve pretty much admitted they will open it so do it now ....................... my spleen is going to burst this is indefensible nonsense aaaaaaaaarggggggggghhhh

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So the extra 15,000 that turned up since Withdean or the 25,000 since Gillingham are all allowed to pick and choose when they are going to be Albion regulars but I'm not allowed. Sheep???

I don't think anyone really begrudges you for picking and choosing. It is probably a reaction to your constant moaning about the club here where we are fans like you and aren't employed by BHA either.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Jesus, what a pathetic decision, that gets worse as every hour passes. As it stands right now it definitely is "ALL BUT SOLD OUT" Mr Barber so why not open the upper east right now for gods sake?

Whereas what the club are currently doing instead is shoe horning a few poor uninformed sods into the last remaining shitty lower tiers seats and then the day after will be opening the huge 'wonderfullly appointed with magnificent views east upper, just to rub it in their faces !!!

Theyve pretty much admitted they will open it so do it now ....................... my spleen is going to burst this is indefensible nonsense aaaaaaaaarggggggggghhhh

Just chill and buy a seat in a day or two.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Anyone thought about how much money is actually involved here.
300 x £18 = £540 and that's at top wack. Average would be a lot less.
The club are really waiting for £540 in the till?

But then there are the other costs to open Upper East.
(these figures are rough). 50 staff at £40 = £2000
Sales at average £12 at 3000 seats £36000
Anyone see a profit there? I do. Even if they open it block by block and one entrance and one kiosk, still a profit.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Just chill and buy a seat in a day or two.

Im trying to chill but I just cant

do you realise how stressful it is to sit and refresh the seating plan for three days straight at work and then when its home time I have a 40 minute drive and all the way home I'm praying they haven't gone on sale whilst I'm driving. Then the missus calls us for dinner and I have to wolf that down with no family chat just to get back on the computer so I don't miss out ..............

Just put the east upper on sale so my life can get back to normality pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Anyone thought about how much money is actually involved here.
300 x £18 = £540 and that's at top wack. Average would be a lot less.
The club are really waiting for £540 in the till?

But then there are the other costs to open Upper East.
(these figures are rough). 50 staff at £40 = £2000
Sales at average £12 at 3000 seats £36000
Anyone see a profit there? I do. Even if they open it block by block and one entrance and one kiosk, still a profit.

Bear in mind we don't keep all those gate receipts. Didn't someone say it's 45%?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
1986 the Saints QF, Paul.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We beat a top flight side in the third round, won away at a north-eastern second tier side in the fourth (with a late goal) and then beat the lowest team in the tournament in the fifth........

Might as well put the Southampton tickets on sale now..

Bear in mind we don't keep all those gate receipts. Didn't someone say it's 45%?

It is 45%. I think the £12 quoted is a good average but minus the VAT it’s a tenner, so we would be keeping about £4.50.

There is still not an argument for the ESU to be opened now though. Along with the shelf as there is already no family space available.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here