Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So, pick number 5 for F.C GNLF.

Successful teams are all about their spine. Striker, centre midfield, centre defense and goal keeper. I have a top quality goalscorer. I have possibly the best central midfield pairing in the competition. I have a top class centre back. All thats missing is a g.k.

Luckily there happens to be a g.k who I think is challenging for one of the top five g.k's in premier league history who hasn't yet been picked. In his eight years in the league he won the Golden Glove three times, was his teams player of the year and kept a staggering 57 clean sheets in his first three seasons. He also holds the record for least goals conceded in his first 50 games for his team...a measly 29 beating the previous record set by Ray Clemance. He also holds the record for most clean sheets in Liverpool's history. If you haven't worked out who it is, then let me introduce you to:

José Manuel "Pepe" Reina Páez
article-1252098-085C0FC3000005DC-392_468x340.jpg

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
So, pick number 5 for F.C GNLF.

Successful teams are all about their spine. Striker, centre midfield, centre defense and goal keeper. I have a top quality goalscorer. I have possibly the best central midfield pairing in the competition. I have a top class centre back. All thats missing is a g.k.

Luckily there happens to be a g.k who I think is challenging for one of the top five g.k's in premier league history who hasn't yet been picked. In his eight years in the league he won the Golden Glove three times, was his teams player of the year and kept a staggering 57 clean sheets in his first three seasons. He also holds the record for least goals conceded in his first 50 games for his team...a measly 29 beating the previous record set by Ray Clemance. He also holds the record for most clean sheets in Liverpool's history. If you haven't worked out who it is, then let me introduce you to:

José Manuel "Pepe" Reina Páez
View attachment 63007

Nooooo

I had him typed out and ready to submit on an earlier draft round but ended up chosing someone else first instead.

(did think it would take a miracle to get back to me though and i do have a few decent alternatives)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Pick six.

Very few players can say that they've won a World Cup and a European Championship while playing in the premier league. Even fewer can say that they scored the winner and were man of the match in one of those finals. Only one can say all that and then add in a second European Championship. That man, is my pick. The man who scored 50 goals for Liverpool quicker than any other in their history(think about that for a second...), the man who was in the F.I.F.A World XI in 2008 and 2009, a man who has n F.A cup, Europa League title and a Champions league title also to his name, the man who is:

Fernando José Torres Sanz
Fernando+Torres+Liverpool+v+Middlesbrough+vrwSW3YyV8wl.jpg
[MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] its back to you.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Nooooo

I had him typed out and ready to submit on an earlier draft round but ended up chosing someone else first instead.

(did think it would take a miracle to get back to me though and i do have a few decent alternatives)

I know its an oft used saying in these threads but....I was genuinely surprised and delighted he'd slipped this far. I honestly believe he's one of the top 5 or 6 keepers in premier league history yet by my maths he's the 12th or 13th keeper to be taken. A bargain pick and one that I'm really happy about. Apologies if that sounds like I'm rubbing it in.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Serves me right for being slow. Finally on a lunch break and Torres goes 15 minutes ago.

next pick is a proven goalscorer to sit alongside Suarez

Jermain Defoe.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Serves me right for being slow. Finally on a lunch break and Torres goes 15 minutes ago

[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] you're up.

I think you only missed one pick? It skipped you and went to Turienzo's Lovechild, then I took my two picks so it's back to [MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION].

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I think you only missed one pick? It skipped you and went to Turienzo's Lovechild, then I took my two picks so it's back to [MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION].

Apologies my mistake.

Could you ammend your quote on the off chance my other pick goes untouched for a few hours?

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Well, yeah, there is that. I meant a peak that lasted a couple of seasons or more rather than a brief run of form. I'm sure I read it was their peak years that they'll be judged on but I can't find it now. [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] can you clarify, please?

[MENTION=6505]Foolg[/MENTION] time is now up. [MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] is now up.

Didn't mention if it was peak years or not, mainly as I think how you judge others teams should be a mixture of Longevity, Peak and the Impact they had on their team/on the league.

Personally I'd say longevity is more important, but I think when it comes to the voting everyone is going to be different. I'd say mine goes 80% longevity, 15% Peak & 5% Impact but I'm sure there are people out there who will judge a high peak more than a long, okay career. As long as we judge people by their Premier League Career it's cool by me.

Edit: I take it you were worried about Torres, personally I think he's an excellent pick. Yes, his Chelsea career was less than sparkling but he's still had a impressive career where he averaged over a goal every other game for Liverpool.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ok, going for a keeper, and he is one of my favourite players.

With over 120 clean sheets and one of the top 10 PL keepers ever, he is...

TIM HOWARD

0dffa07d1ca453b79a109e72886eb44c.jpg

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I believe [MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] has to pick but only has a few minutes left before timed out at 19:06 - as there was an error earlier, [MENTION=6505]Foolg[/MENTION] follows (i saw who they tried to pick earlier and assume they will want the same player again if not picked by turienzo's lovechild.)

So please can [MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION] please wait before picking.

I don't think [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] should lose their chosen pick as the mistake in notification wasn't spotted

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I believe [MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] has to pick but only has a few minutes left before timed out as there was an error earlier, [MENTION=6505]Foolg[/MENTION] follows (i saw who they tried to pick earlier and assume they will want the same player again if not picked by turienzo's lovechild.

I don't think [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] should lose their chosen pick as the mistake in notification wasn't spotted

Thanks GF. Apologies all.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I believe [MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] has to pick but only has a few minutes left before timed out at 19:06 - as there was an error earlier, [MENTION=6505]Foolg[/MENTION] follows (i saw who they tried to pick earlier and assume they will want the same player again if not picked by turienzo's lovechild.)

Alternatively, could you DM Moggy with Foolg's selection so he knows not to pick him? Or is that just making things difficult?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Alternatively, could you DM Moggy with Foolg's selection so he knows not to pick him? Or is that just making things difficult?
But we could go several players in quick succession and foolg change their mind over who they want meaning that the the others could have picked that player themselves if they wanted.
[MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] has now timed out [MENTION=6505]Foolg[/MENTION] is now to pick - i don't want to assume they will stick with the same player as before

foolg, can you mention moggy instead of Hamilton when you have made your choice

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
But we could go several players in quick succession and foolg change their mind over who they want meaning that the the others could have picked that player themselves if they wanted.
[MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] has now timed out [MENTION=6505]Foolg[/MENTION] is now to pick - i don't want to assume they will stick with the same player as before

foolg, can you mention moggy instead of Hamilton when you have made your choice
Fair play GF :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here