Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It's a bit of a pisser, but it usually equals out throughout the draft. The other option would be to have the draft come to halt on match days, night-time, potentially 9-5 from Monday-Friday.

No really good ways of doing it tbh.

There would always be a case for stopping the draft at other times too (like if they work but not on a computer, or arn't able to surf the internet on work PCs, etc)

This whole thing is going to take a long time to complete with so many players involved and picks needed. At least with a 6 hour window it speeds up the whole thing and the person missing out can pick when they are next online and may still be the next player to pick anyway.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Quite lucky to get this far without this player being picked. A player who has not only scored lots of goals, but absolutely crucial ones aswell. Here are the FACTS.

Scored 118 league goals in 216 games for Liverpool.
1 Premier League
1 FA Cup
2 League Cups
1 UEFA Cup
1 Ballon D'Or

Scored 40 goals for Engalnd including a hat trick away in Germany.
Scored 2 goals in an FA Cup final.

Who's that?

Long term BHAFC transfer target:

MICHAEL OWEN

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm going quick here as although most of my top choices have gone, this man was one I had been hoping to put in all along.

He might not have scored the most goals, he certainly provided a hell of a lot of assists and without a doubt people left their seats at the end of each match he played in thinking 'that is one HELL of a player. I give you the ice man....

Dennis Bergkamp

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
My first choice was a pretty easy one... Didier Drogba

Didier-Drogba-007.jpg
[MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION] is up next

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Once we've compiled our teams, how do we determine which is best?

We'll probably have a vote with the usual categories - Best Defence, Best Midfield, Best Attack, Most Balanced.

I was also thinking of a tournament a-la Worlds Hardest Creature. Four groups of 6, top two go through to the 1/4s and then a straight knock-out to the final. We could make it that all teams who reach the 1/4 final have to make 2 changes to their team so the subs bench then becomes even more important.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
We'll probably have a vote with the usual categories - Best Defence, Best Midfield, Best Attack, Most Balanced.

I was also thinking of a tournament a-la Worlds Hardest Creature. Four groups of 6, top two go through to the 1/4s and then a straight knock-out to the final. We could make it that all teams who reach the 1/4 final have to make 2 changes to their team so the subs bench then becomes even more important.
Making use of the full squad would make the game even more fiendishly difficult. Let's do it!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The list at the top of the thread isn't the order we're going in so I've no idea who is next so someone please help
My pick is Patrick Viera
Categories to be filled in later ��

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The list at the top of the thread isn't the order we're going in so I've no idea who is next so someone please help

The list is in post #18. [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] is next

Also, Vieira? you *******.

Oct 25, 2003
ok i'm picking a guyvwho is quite underrated and rarely spoken about these days. He has multiple league titles and a champions league to his name. He's the Premier leagues second highest goalscorer....

Andrew 'don't call me Andy, COLE

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've just woken up from a night's sleep where instead of dreaming my brain has been searching itself for every great PL player that I'd not thought of.

I've got some crackers lined up that'll definitely be gone by the time I want to pick them

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
O.K, my first pick...well, pictures paint a thousand words...

soccer-fa-carling-premiership-newcastle-united-v-manchester-united-584x500.jpg

Relegated with Forest, if you're interested.

I'm going to think a little longer on my next pick.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
**** it, I was going to build a balanced team, a team with a strong spine- goal keeper, defender, midfielder, striker... but what spine can be stronger than Roy Keane and my next player...

YAYA TOURE

Yaya_2529015b.jpg

Roy Keane and Yaya Toure patrolling the middle of the pitch. Read it and weep bitches!

Now I'll just wait a week and 46 picks until its my go again...

[MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION] it's back to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here