Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Walking Dead

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm struggling to see the longevity of it. Like in 28 days later the zombies eventually died of starvation. In the latest episode they say the zombies are coming out the city due to food shortages. Its not like they are very good hunters of animals or any good at food storage so how can they actually live without meat

I'm struggling to see the longevity of it. Like in 28 days later the zombies eventually died of starvation. In the latest episode they say the zombies are coming out the city due to food shortages. Its not like they are very good hunters of animals or any good at food storage so how can they actually live without meat

There is something coming (a reveal) that might explain things

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Cracking final episode. Ties up a few loose ends but leaves it nicely open for the next series. Really good performances from a largely unknown cast.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
not sure about this one , first episode was good but from then on each episode feels the same . willl stick with it though. if you like this series you should read a book called "world war z" . its basically the story of peoples experiences (as if they were interviewed ) of zombies taking over the world . think its by matt brooks. well worth a read

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm probably one of the few people who actually prefer "fast" zombies.

There is NOTHING scary about a zombie walking 1-2 mph towards you. You just walk casually past them.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i missed the beginning of the series, so might download the first few epis to see if its any good.
if its good ill prob buy the boxset, if not ill prob give it a miss, still trawling my way through fringe, mad men and sopranos boxsets to try and catch up with the series on sky!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
apparently Series 2 will have 13 episodes! sounds like they're stringing it out for the long run then...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Most of the writers from the first series have been sacked, apparently.

Oh great, always the key to success

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
I want to know what happened to the guy who cut his hand off? This wasn't actually cleared up what is it? I thought he escaped in their removal van kind of thing?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I want to know what happened to the guy who cut his hand off? This wasn't actually cleared up what is it? I thought he escaped in their removal van kind of thing?

who knows imagine they left it open for the 2nd series or they will have to kill him when he all zombified

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To recap.

The series is HEAVILY based on the comics which at this moment in time are still running to this very day. Its been 5 years.

The idea is that the zombies help the story along. The idea is that its humanity that are the "monsters" in the way they interact with each other in times of disaster. They are usuing zombies but it could be nuclear war etc etc.

There are no actual "heroes" in this or "villans" in the traditional sense. Everyone has flaws and should the series carry on and follow the comics then there is another side to Rick Grimes. Certainly his comment "we dont kill the living" isnt necessarily true...

Later on the series is seent thru the eyes of his son. He has never really known a "normal" life, just a life on the run.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Been alright, 7/10. One problem is yet again SLOW zombies are not even remotely scary, so there isn't any horror tinge to the series at all.

To recap.

The series is HEAVILY based on the comics which at this moment in time are still running to this very day. Its been 5 years.

The idea is that the zombies help the story along. The idea is that its humanity that are the "monsters" in the way they interact with each other in times of disaster. They are usuing zombies but it could be nuclear war etc etc.

There are no actual "heroes" in this or "villans" in the traditional sense. Everyone has flaws and should the series carry on and follow the comics then there is another side to Rick Grimes. Certainly his comment "we dont kill the living" isnt necessarily true...

Later on the series is seent thru the eyes of his son. He has never really known a "normal" life, just a life on the run.

I'm up to 54 in the comics and the bits in bold are very true, can't wait to see some of the comic set-pieces brought to life.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Been alright, 7/10. One problem is yet again SLOW zombies are not even remotely scary, so there isn't any horror tinge to the series at all.

Come on Mellotron its not ABOUT the Zombies, fast or slow...

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sudden end to the season and I suppose we now have to wait to see if it gtes the green light for a second season... I hate the fact that so many good tv series end up unfinished because they dont get greel lighted... Firefly, Terminator etc. Suppose the enxt thin coming up is Game of Thrones...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here