Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Just read the Governments three page statement following 12 hours of negotiations, it says nothing that has not already been said and in general rejected not only by the EU but by a number on the looney Right of the Government so what did they do for 12 hours

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It sounds like you agree with the principle, that wealthy parts should fund the regeneration of the poorer parts, which is why the UK is a Net contributor, and countries like Poland and Slovakia net recipients. In the long run, the aim is that there will not be so much disparity, and people will not travel from one country to another so much as opportunities will be pretty similar. As you say, lets share the wealth around a bit.

That’s all very admirable and I’m sure most people would agree with that position. However you need to be careful to ensure you raise the poorer countries up without bringing the richer countries down too far. It’s a difficult balancing act

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That’s all very admirable and I’m sure most people would agree with that position. However you need to be careful to ensure you raise the poorer countries up without bringing the richer countries down too far. It’s a difficult balancing act

It is difficult, but difficult becomes impossible if each area decides it will do whatever it takes to be more competitive than their neighbours. The Tory Brexiteers are the last people you would want in charge of greater wealth distribution.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It is difficult, but difficult becomes impossible if each area decides it will do whatever it takes to be more competitive than their neighbours. The Tory Brexiteers are the last people you would want in charge of greater wealth distribution.

Agree it’s complicated but we have plenty of wealth disparity in this country that needs to be addressed and levelled out before we start throwing billions at others in need. Anyway I’m not looking for an argument as there is too much of that going on in this thread and people seem to have lost the ability to have a constructive discussion

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Its ok now though as [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] has read the chequers statement and has said according to it we are keeping free movement.
Why are you not celebrating this victory on free movement? It was one of your main things wasn’t it.. After brexit everyone will still be free to go and live, jobseek, work, join family and study anywhere in Europe without restrictions the same as before brexit according to clampy. ???

You sound desperate :lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
What had that. Remember it was OUT. Remember?

I remember it well. People voted to come out and that's what T May says is happening. Legally you can't argue with her.

There is disagreement though. Some people - you, for example - say that she is not reflecting the true and underlying views of the public. Nobody can be quite sure about this, hence my gentle enquiry as to whether you would like a referendum that would prove exactly what it is that people now want.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This is going well for the Brexitears. Didn’t take much foresight to see this

Theresa May has refused to rule out making it easier for EU citizens to come to the UK after Brexit than it is for people from elsewhere in the world.
Under her plan for UK-EU relations - agreed by cabinet on Friday - unlimited immigration from the EU will end.
But speaking to the BBC, Mrs May did not rule out preferential treatment for EU citizens after Brexit.
"We recognise that people will still want to have opportunities in each other's countries," she said.
But a briefing being circulated to the European Research Group (ERG) - a group of Eurosceptic Conservative backbench MPs - says the prime minister's plan "would lead directly to a worst-of-all-worlds black hole Brexit".

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I remember it well. People voted to come out and that's what T May says is happening. Legally you can't argue with her.

There is disagreement though. Some people - you, for example - say that she is not reflecting the true and underlying views of the public. Nobody can be quite sure about this, hence my gentle enquiry as to whether you would like a referendum that would prove exactly what it is that people now want.

The referendum was the poll that decided what the people wanted. People like YOU have made sure that what the people wanted isn't going to happen. I think you'll find what the leave voters wanted was completely OUT. People like you may think you're smart and clever by saying what do the people really want. They want us to leave the EU. This was the biggest ever turn out for a vote and the will of the people is going to be ignored. Now I can see that if the plan that May has come up with is the worst case scenario. Still being held accountable by the Shysters but with no say or input. Joke.
I have leave friends who are furious that their vote is being ignored after all were told Leave means leave.

It's a bit like IF England get to the world cup final and happen to win it. FIFA then turn round and say well we don't actually recognise you as the winners and give the trophy to the losers.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
This is going well for the Brexitears. Didn’t take much foresight to see this

Theresa May has refused to rule out making it easier for EU citizens to come to the UK after Brexit than it is for people from elsewhere in the world.
Under her plan for UK-EU relations - agreed by cabinet on Friday - unlimited immigration from the EU will end.
But speaking to the BBC, Mrs May did not rule out preferential treatment for EU citizens after Brexit.
"We recognise that people will still want to have opportunities in each other's countries," she said.
But a briefing being circulated to the European Research Group (ERG) - a group of Eurosceptic Conservative backbench MPs - says the prime minister's plan "would lead directly to a worst-of-all-worlds black hole Brexit".
That's exactly what this plan means HG.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The referendum was the poll that decided what the people wanted. People like YOU have made sure that what the people wanted isn't going to happen. I think you'll find what the leave voters wanted was completely OUT. People like you may think you're smart and clever by saying what do the people really want. They want us to leave the EU. This was the biggest ever turn out for a vote and the will of the people is going to be ignored. Now I can see that if the plan that May has come up with is the worst case scenario. Still being held accountable by the Shysters but with no say or input. Joke.
I have leave friends who are furious that their vote is being ignored after all were told Leave means leave.

It's a bit like IF England get to the world cup final and happen to win it. FIFA then turn round and say well we don't actually recognise you as the winners and give the trophy to the losers.

I hate to say it but....we told you so. And we told you long before it went to the ballot. It was a pre-ordained disaster I'm afraid and you voted for it. So it is YOU who has made this happen. Take some responsibility you coward.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

This is exactly what you voted for.

Maybe somewhere in the depths of your febrile imagination you think that you voted for something else.

But look at the ballot paper again. This is what you voted for.

But, of course, it's everyone else's fault :rolleyes:

Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I hate to say it but....we told you so. And we told you long before it went to the ballot. It was a pre-ordained disaster I'm afraid and you voted for it. So it is YOU who has made this happen. Take some responsibility you coward.

Clown. Absolute idiot.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
This is exactly what you voted for.

Maybe somewhere in the depths of your febrile imagination you think that you voted for something else.

But look at the ballot paper again. This is what you voted for.

But, of course, it's everyone else's fault :rolleyes:

Stop being silly zero. Yet again.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I hate to say it but....we told you so. And we told you long before it went to the ballot. It was a pre-ordained disaster

Indeed. It only needed some thinking through, like a cursory look at a map and the U.K.s geographical location, a basic understanding of business and economics and the benefits of removing trade barriers, a check on history and the failure of isolationism and populists, a preliminary understanding of politics and the role of Parliament in our decision making process vs a consultative referendum etc. Painful for the extreme Brexitears of course, most will be grateful though

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Boris is reported to have said that if this is Brexit then we might as well not bother. If only we could have seen this happening 2 years ago. The only options that would be acceptable to EU were

A) softest of soft brexits
B) no deal

Given that it is now obvious that no deal cripples our economy it is either A or nothing. Remember this is our opening negotiating position so will only get softer. Lots of talk about going against will of the people etc but for anyone who voted based on a lie (for either side) it was not necessarily their will. Fun week ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here