Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Don't know if it's been mentioned before but same agent as Murray, Stephens, Norwood and McGuirre-Drew.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For that sort of money, we'd want a player who is going to step straight into the team and I can't see Moore as that. The good news, of course, is that if Moore is worth £15m, we should expect to get £20m for Goldson.

I doubt Goldson is worth even a quarter of that. At least Liam Moore is a regular starter at Championship level and is more experienced at that level.

That said, valuing Moore at £15m is sheer madness.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I haven't seen him play, but if he is worth £15m then it's no surprise that we always shop abroad. To put that into perspective he would be our record signing.

The trouble is we might need to pay a bit over the top as we might need some English players to meet our home grown quoter.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I haven't seen him play, but if he is worth £15m then it's no surprise that we always shop abroad. To put that into perspective he would be our record signing.

The trouble is we might need to pay a bit over the top as we might need some English players to meet our home grown quoter.
you said it....we need to maintain homegrown quota...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm still absolutely astounded at the ridiculous £15 million price tag on Moore.

I hope he enjoys his season at Reading next year, as no one is ever going to pay that.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm still absolutely astounded at the ridiculous £15 million price tag on Moore.

I hope he enjoys his season at Reading next year, as no one is ever going to pay that.

They are probably just fishing, trying to put would be suitors off/and or trying to get as much dough for him as possible. When they see that no one will pay it, and if the player really wants away, the price can be renegotiated l'm sure.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
£15m being asked for Moore and Rangers want Goldson for £3/4m? Both of these price tags are poor ones in my opinion

theroyal

May 11, 2014

He's just signed a new 4 year contract, on pretty hefty wages. Young, English, one of the best defenders in the Championship.

If Boro can charge £20m+ for Gibson, we're well within our rights to ask for that much IMO. Though I suspect we'd accept anything north of £10m.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
He's just signed a new 4 year contract, on pretty hefty wages. Young, English, one of the best defenders in the Championship.

If Boro can charge £20m+ for Gibson, we're well within our rights to ask for that much IMO. Though I suspect we'd accept anything north of £10m.

Gibson did have a pretty good season in The Premier League. Moore is still unproven at that level. Agree with the £10m price tag.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The thing is that this logic makes Dunk a £60 million player, which can't be right either.

mikebha1963

May 13, 2014
Gibson did have a pretty good season in The Premier League. Moore is still unproven at that level. Agree with the £10m price tag.
Yes and for that sort of money he'd be expected to go straight in the first team, not be a back up like Connor Goldston. So dont think it will happen unless price drops significantly. Rather spend that bit extra and get Delaney if he's still available.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyway, regardless of the sums, I still think we'll try to include Tomer as part of any payment - although I can't really say that Reading even need a striker, so maybe that doesn't work for them and we move onto Konsa instead.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Anyway, regardless of the sums, I still think we'll try to include Tomer as part of any payment - although I can't really say that Reading even need a striker, so maybe that doesn't work for them and we move onto Konsa instead.

We definitely do need a striker. Kermorgant's 36 and now knackered after a bad injury last season, Chris Martin has gone back to Derby. Bodvarsson is good but not a main striker. The rest are academy lads who aren't quite good enough yet.

In other news, apparently we're signing John O'Shea...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We definitely do need a striker. Kermorgant's 36 and now knackered after a bad injury last season, Chris Martin has gone back to Derby. Bodvarsson is good but not a main striker. The rest are academy lads who aren't quite good enough yet.

In other news, apparently we're signing John O'Shea...

Karma?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here