Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Age finally catching up on Bruno ?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Pace, plus his consistency since replacing Sutner at The Emirates

Yes perhaps physically stronger and more pace but my preference is Sutner as I think he does a better all round job, more controlled. At times Bong looks good and then he does some bad things. I watched the replay of the goals at the stadium and 3 of the goals were down to him.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Unbelievable, what did he do wrong? I really think people prejudge players and have their comments made up prior to the game.

I thought Bong was MOTM until I saw the highlights , he was at fault for the goals 3 times .

Bruno was as as good as or better than most of our players.

How on earth was Bong at fault for 3 goals! Come on.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Have been thinking it for a few games now but today really made me think that age is finally catching up on Bruno as he seems to be struggling more and more with the pace of this league. He seems to need more touches on the ball these days and is less of an attacking threat in support of Knockaert than ever before.

Anyone else thinking he needs a break to freshen things up down the right flank ?

And before anyone jumps down my throat for saying this, it’s not intended as criticism of him as he’ll always be a legend - but all good things must come to an end and i’m starting to feel that we need fresher legs in that right back spot sooner rather than later, which might also help improve Knocky’s performances as an attacking threat as well.

Can you kindly think about retiring from message boards? I think age is finally catching up with you and you are talking bollocks.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
How on earth was Bong at fault for 3 goals! Come on.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

The 2nd he totally loses Firmino and runs into an area already covered. Does the same with the 3rd and leaves Firminho a totally free run on both occasions.

I don’t actually think he had a bad game outside of those two moments. But he certainly wasn’t MOTM.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Watching a different game to me I thought he was decent today and got up the pitch into the final 3rd on lots of occasions and was not beaten many times on his side

First goal he was ball watching instead of getting back in cut out the ball to the only Liverpool player in the box, Firmino. For third followed the ball instead of following the runner. Most people will think the third goal criticism is harsh but he did the same at Arsenal and positionally he is very sloppy imo. I really think Suttner is better.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Bruno was excellent against Man Utd and has been one of the star players this season. All the players played their hearts out against Man Utd and Palace. Hardly surprising that Liverpool caught us at a lower level of performance. Yes age probably caught up with Bruno when playing theee of the biggest games that he’s plYeed for the Seagulls - all in the space of a week. However he wasn’t the only one to tire. We need to rotate the squad a bit more to protect key players like Bruno. Our biggest danger is injuries to key players in the second half of the season. We need more cover for key positions in January and our share of luck to stay in the premier league.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Doesn't look convincing? I think you have to afford the player at least a couple of starts before making your expert judgement. Being thrown on for a few 15 minute cameos isn't enough to judge is it?

Oh I dunno Izzy Brown was written off on that basis :whistle:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If age is catching up with Bruno we have 3 alternatives Schelotto who seems the favourite to replace him or Matej who we bought as a right back and of course everybody has forgotten Rosenior, who has suddenly fallen out of favour with most supporters.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Bong is a liability. Adds nothing going forward and is just about passable as a defender. Never passes to Jose unless he is about 2 yards away from him.

Same thoughts as you, Bong looks stronger and pacier than Sutner but does not do enough with it , think he was at fault for 2 of 3 of the goals as he was out of position and left the player. This might have been because of the way we had to defend against a 5 man attack and because he did not get same protection from Brown as he would have got from March. my overall impression based on watching 11 games this season (plus 2 cup games) is that I prefer Sutner.as I think he is a better all
round bet , more control and reads the game better.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Have been thinking it for a few games now but today really made me think that age is finally catching up on Bruno as he seems to be struggling more and more with the pace of this league. He seems to need more touches on the ball these days and is less of an attacking threat in support of Knockaert than ever before.

Anyone else thinking he needs a break to freshen things up down the right flank ?

And before anyone jumps down my throat for saying this, it’s not intended as criticism of him as he’ll always be a legend - but all good things must come to an end and i’m starting to feel that we need fresher legs in that right back spot sooner rather than later, which might also help improve Knocky’s performances as an attacking threat as well.

Where do you sit?

From E1F Bruno looks every bit as good as he usually does. Better at full back, if anything.

His man marking from set pieces does not look so good. Calvert-Lewin was very troublesome aerially. Bit these faults have little to do with his age.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Where do you sit?

From E1F Bruno looks every bit as good as he usually does. Better at full back, if anything.

His man marking from set pieces does not look so good. Calvert-Lewin was very troublesome aerially. Bit these faults have little to do with his age.

From the NW corner yesterday, Bruno was quality. Despite being up against Robertson and Coutinho, he held our defence down that side together. Could have done with more support from AK.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
West stand upper view,been like that all season,good going forward, woeful at the back,man mates don't agree but don't have my view,out of position so many times its untrue, yesterday even his passing not his defending was championship standard at best

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Once again, the man in the know gets an exclusive months before the news is released. Your sources are clearly impeccable.

Can’t see Mateju or Hornby-Forbes being overly impressed by news of Bruno’s contract extension can you?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can’t see Mateju or Hornby-Forbes being overly impressed by news of Bruno’s contract extension can you?
If Rosenior doesn't get a new deal, the 9th choice defender squad place is still available to claim.

Although, Hornby-Forbes is out of contract as well, so he may not be here anyway.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Once again, the man in the know gets an exclusive months before the news is released. Your sources are clearly impeccable.

Good spot. I think it is he that also 'knows' Dunk's dad, who was only too willing to pass on the information to this know-it-all that it's common knowledge that Dunk has already sealed his Liverpool deal, which will be taken up in the summer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here